Midwest Combine Experience Camp

The Midwest Combine Experience Camp is designed to give aspiring drum corps members an easy, no-pressure way to learn about the drum & bugle corps activity. Jointly hosted by the seven Midwest corps, instructors and administrators from the Blue Stars, Cavaliers, Colt Cadets, Colts, Madison Scouts, Phantom Regiment, and River City Rhythm will be on […]

View the full article

• Like 2

I thought it interesting and a good way to introduce prospects to the activity. A collaborate effort makes it an even better idea. It's great of those staff people to offer their time. 

As Terri would always say, fail to plan, plan to fail. This is forward thinking. 

I don't know that a lot of kids will give a hoot about Pioneer's back story, though. 

• Like 4

The auto generated announcements from the newsfeed for DCP don't always generate a ton of response.  

I suspect the auditions will be a win for the Combine.  They did this in the past too I think.  Makes for a lot of multiple opportunities for feedback and selection across the. corps.  "Didn't get in with the corps you were dreaming for?  But this corps' staff saw you and has a contract ready for you to consider."  

Oh "camp" not auditions. Hmm.  Ok then, It's still a great way to be 'seen' by a lot of corps staff and get noticed. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh "camp" not auditions. Hmm.  Ok then, It's still a great way to be 'seen' by a lot of corps staff and get noticed. 

I would think that camps are less intimidating than an audition. Since this is in October, I presume students would be invited to a November audition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

And they're usually pretty late.  📫  🐌

I try my best, but sometimes life gets in the way of me updating the news feed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Not meaning to throw anyone 'under the bus', but I do appreciate your service.  Sometimes it seems that the social media thing out runs everything. 😁

Not surprising. So many ways to get the word out nowadays.

• Like 1