Cadets GoFundMe

I think you need to be careful with Go Fund Me. It is great for grass root efforts and when the money is used for the intended purpose, that’s great. If the funds are not used for the intended purpose, donors have no recourse, at least none that I’m aware of, so you need to be careful. In the case of Cadets and SCV I’d want to see a specific game plan before donating. Cadets has a history, or at least it has sounded as if there was a history of robbing Peter to pay Paul with the exception of 2017. I don’t think Peter and Paul liked that show too much so Peter hid the money!🙂

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

COMPLETELY agree with you, and you've made the point about Cadets' transparency so other people should take note.

Example: 

giphy.gif

Cadets have been more than transparent over the past few years about where their donations have been going. 

You completely missed my point. Do they have a consistent revenue stream that can fund the corps? Are they confident that the budget can be met from all revenue streams? I don't care where the money goes since I can see that on their 990. I care whether all of the budget lines can be met CONSISTENTLY year after year. Do they have such streams?

14 minutes ago, Gantang said:

You completely missed my point. Do they have a consistent revenue stream that can fund the corps? Are they confident that the budget can be met from all revenue streams? I don't care where the money goes since I can see that on their 990. I care whether all of the budget lines can be met CONSISTENTLY year after year. Do they have such streams?

Which corps have consistent revenue streams that cover all their expenses without donations?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gantang said:

Uh huh. If you truly want answers to those questions (which I HIGHLY doubt), here's someone who may be able to answer for you since this person has made themselves available for questions: 

giphy.gif

On 10/16/2023 at 1:48 PM, Chris RL FHNSAB said:

I'm secretary of the board of directors at Cadets, if that helps.  Trying to keep accurate information flowing, and not gossip from those who do not know what they are speaking about.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tim K said:

I think you need to be careful with Go Fund Me. It is great for grass root efforts and when the money is used for the intended purpose, that’s great. If the funds are not used for the intended purpose, donors have no recourse, at least none that I’m aware of, so you need to be careful. In the case of Cadets and SCV I’d want to see a specific game plan before donating. Cadets has a history, or at least it has sounded as if there was a history of robbing Peter to pay Paul with the exception of 2017. I don’t think Peter and Paul liked that show too much so Peter hid the money!🙂

new management since back then at least makes me hopeful things are run better. at least we havent heard their name drawn into court proceedings

On 10/20/2023 at 7:19 AM, dbc03 said:

Which corps have consistent revenue streams that cover all their expenses without donations?

Donations are part of a consistent revenue stream IF the corps is good at generating donations AND they can collect the pledged dollars. I don't consider GFM dollars a meaningful donation since it is a one-time commitment.