Midwest Clinic Welcomes The King Cobras This December

Next month, over 18,000 attendees from all 50 states and 40+ countries will assemble in Chicago for the 77th Annual Midwest Clinic International Band, Orchestra and Music Conference. Music enthusiasts flock to this event each year to network, hear top ensembles, and to attend carefully vetted clinics and seminars for industry-leading information. CAPE and the […]

View the full article

• Like 1

I'd read a little about the King Cobras before, but after seeing this, scanned through the CAPE site again to learn more. What a wonderful and worthwhile organization. The pictures of these kids having the absolute time of their lives is inspiring and heart lifting. 

In the face of so much controversy in drum corps lately, this really shined through. Bravo, Cavaliers. You'll always be a class organization. 

• Like 1

I had the pleasure of my high school jazz band being invited my senior year.  We always had great jazz bands but that year and the one following we had ridiculously good bands.  

We blew the place down with this number to close our set.

Our set was actually used in recordings of a number of the charts we did for the audio going out with marketing to school band directors by publishers.  

I was reminicing one time with someone who'd played one of the other numbers we did and "our director played this recording for us of that number and told us "thats a high school band. if they can do it we can." Those cats from ____ were great."   I was like ....oh snap...that was us....

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1

Oh daaang.  I found one of the guys found a recording our whole set on youtube  

Its' a great opportunity for the kids who go.  You do a set performace, you get to do a clinic with a muscian (we had Dennis DiBlasio)

And watch some of the greatest other performances.  Airmen of Note played ours for the main stage night and they were amazing.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1

Congrats to King Cobras for their outreach! Commendable and noteworthy. Let’s not overlook the efforts of Rockford Rhythm and other efforts throughout the country, offering opportunities to underserved students nationwide. Kudos to both organizations for bringing support to communities who have limited access to musical arts. This is a model to grow interest in drum corps!

That’s what it’s all about now isn’t it? Kinda reinforces the basic tenets of drum corps BITD. These are the organizations who will bring new talent to DCI. Please donate!