All Age News from the DCI meetings

All Age to use the DCI sheets meaning brass and percussion back on the field, field visual returns, and that stupid communication sheet goes away

https://www.dci.org/news/buzz-is-building-for-first-season-of-dci-all-age

• Haha 1

“For a lot of the corps, this was the very first time experiencing the ‘back office’ of DCI, and realizing the amount of resources and opportunities that DCI will now give to these All-Age drum corps, which they've never had before."

4 hours ago, kevingamin said:

“For a lot of the corps, this was the very first time experiencing the ‘back office’ of DCI, and realizing the amount of resources and opportunities that DCI will now give to these All-Age drum corps, which they've never had before."

i noticed in some places increased cost was mentioned...well....DCA never had money to spend, and sometimes it costs money to make money. i can only imagine some of their faces as things were explained

I was disappointed to see that DCI Rochester is actually being held 20 miles west of Rochester.  I do not drive an it will be impossible for me to attend the show.  Holding a show in Brockport and naming it Rochester does not exactly fulfill the promise of a show in Rochester.

may have been driven by venue options

• 2 weeks later...

As the devil is often in the details, a few questions about All-Age in DCI  

Will the All-Age Class Corps get performance fees?  As far as I know, Open Class doesn’t and World Class does.  All-Age seems positioned somewhere in between. 

Also, suppose a World Class Corps has a bunch of age-outs that are willing to march, and the Corps has spaces for them.  Could this Corps go All-Age for a season, and then back to World Class in future years?   Could they tour as All-Age on the World Class Tour?

none of that has been made known. i doubt financially a corps would willingly leave world class

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2024 at 4:21 PM, Jeff Ream said:

none of that has been made known. i doubt financially a corps would willingly leave world class

Are the all-age corps required to have the same background checks as the other DCI corps? 
How about the alumni corps who are doing exhibitions at DCI shows? I ask because a lifetime sex offender almost slipped under the radar performing at DCI shows AFTER the Nadolny series of articles.  Someone saw him and reported it to the Cavaliers organization and they  removed him from the group.  Midwest Connection, an alumni group.

These procedures take a good amount of time.  I had two background checks recently for TSA precheck and a purchase. Six weeks minimum. I passed, btw.

i hope DCI hasn’t dropped the ball again considering that they have two lawsuits pending against them for abuse. 

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Are the all-age corps required to have the same background checks as the other DCI corps? 
How about the alumni corps who are doing exhibitions at DCI shows? I ask because a lifetime sex offender almost slipped under the radar performing at DCI shows AFTER the Nadolny series of articles.  Someone saw him and reported it to the Cavaliers organization and they  removed him from the group.  Midwest Connection, an alumni group.

These procedures take a good amount of time.  I had two background checks recently for TSA precheck and a purchase. Six weeks minimum. I passed, btw.

i hope DCI hasn’t dropped the ball again considering that they have two lawsuits pending against them for abuse. 

they are required to follow all of DCI's policies on everything

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

they are required to follow all of DCI's policies on everything

Thank you very much That’s all I wanted to know.

It’s ironic to me that we’re mourning the loss of a historic drum corps due to this very subject I broached and all I wanted to know is if ALL the participants, including alumni corps, will be background checked under the guidelines.  I know this is a foreign concept to drum corps, but it’s called being proactive rather than their usual practice of being reactive. 

• Thanks 1