CA Dept of Justice issues SCV "LETTER OF GOOD STANDING"

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

or scurry away like CB did when i walked right up to her and introduced myself at Scranton. Her speed surprised me LOL

Remember Sharon C had the seat next to me at DCA?  She didn’t sit in that seat five minutes. All bark no bite. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brian1313 said:

@Richard Lesher, Everything I'm reading to this point seems to indicate that the most revenue-secure way to continue for 2024 is to shut down Bingo for a month, change the bingo hall locks, nuke the entire staff, hire a new team with some morals, and completely revamp the business process.

Is it just a matter of making the commitment to clean up bingo ASAP to be able to move forward with some security for '24 and further? If that is indeed the case, I'm wondering if there are area alumni that would volunteer, while putting aside previous conflicts-- petty or otherwise, to try to save their corps.

I extended myself in the warmest way one could in September 2022.

I got blown off, ignored, threatened, continuous attempts to discredit me, SCV as an organization used legal methods in attempts to censor me (by attorneys that were board members at the time of State delinquency) in what I can now articulate a multimillion dollar inconsistency (being as nice as I can). 

I fixed this situation before inside of the organization. I took me two years to get past the management entrenched there to get to those improved numbers. 

I sit here, only 10 minutes away from SCV's place of business as a stay at home dad with 20 hours a week to allocate to any thing I want. 

If Bingo was fixed it could give them $1,000,000 more than they were planning on in 2024. This is not an exaggeration. When bingo was fixed last time SCV had more money than they knew what to do with. They literally couldn't spend it fast enough. Tour expenses would go over budget by $100K (already increasing the budget from the previous year), and Bingo would end making $300K more than planned. 

The problem is I'm not wasting the time I did back in 2005 with the bad actors dragging out this situation. Hence the polarizing effect I have with my fellow alumni (as many hate me as love me). 

So I literally agree with your idea. Yea, the whole bingo operation needs to come to a full stop. See what is going on, and then restart it with the operating procedures the previous Bingo Manager left behind. 

The purge however would have to be wide. Essentially........... only the corps and tour staff would be left. The new CEO also gets a pass (for now). 

I understand the tactics used against me now. The consequences are going to be steep for some people. 

The CPA firm now is wearing the same tinfoil hat I am being told I wear. 

Edited by Richard Lesher
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Honestly, I would love to meet you and shake your hand

me too. or fist bump. hell nod...whatever you feel comfortable with

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Remember Sharon C had the seat next to me at DCA?  She didn’t sit in that seat five minutes. All bark no bite. 

yeah and she heard i was there and hid LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

VMAPA has a CEO now.  Are any of these other VMAPA employees answerable to the CEO?  Does he have the power to fire anyone?

If he doesn't, then that would have argued against taking the gig, so let's assume he does. 

Cuz he owns ALL of this from now on, up to and including pushing non-functioning Board members out. A strong CEO knows how to make that work and make the case to the rest of the Board why it's the right course of action. It would seem that there are several Board members there that need to go, for the good of the organization, and he should be having those conversations now as part of the clean up operation.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

VMAPA has a CEO now.  Are any of these other VMAPA employees answerable to the CEO?  Does he have the power to fire anyone?

not the board. they have the power to fire him

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

not the board. they have the power to fire him

An ideal partnership with a strong CEO acknowledges that the CEO has to have the ability to be honest with the Board about any weakness they see, including Board members that no longer fit. If they wanted someone to be the public face for them on this whole mess but have no actual ability to shape their future, that's one type of hire, but if Mr Galvin understands the actual dynamics of the situation,  he won't be shy about being honest with the Board that they themselves are the ones to blame, and that some falling on swords is in order. 

You can do it quietly, but there's no question that a fresh Board is in order.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1