'96 Glassmen In Cedar Rapids Show

This was an interesting find in my YouTube feed today. Here is an early season performance of the 1996 Glassmen, my age out season, June 28 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. 

https://medi-nerd.com/2024/03/06/video-glassmen-drum-bugle-corps-1996-at-tournament-of-drums/

• Like 1

Glassmen are a great story.   From a small corps getting ovations for playing off of retreat to "Just a Gigolo" in 89 to a finals regular...

8 hours ago, troopers1 said:

Glassmen are a great story.   From a small corps getting ovations for playing off of retreat to "Just a Gigolo" in 89 to a finals regular...

As far as I know, we’re still the only corps to improve our placement every season over a decade (1985-1995). From 39th to 8th. 

• Like 1

Ol Kingston Stadium, i remember it well. Not to mention the city of five smells, marching with Nite Express for 3 season you remember the smells from the Cargill, ADM, and the Quaker plant during rehearsals. it's been 30 years but still have a soft spot for that town.

3 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

Ol Kingston Stadium, i remember it well. Not to mention the city of five smells, marching with Nite Express for 3 season you remember the smells from the Cargill, ADM, and the Quaker plant during rehearsals. it's been 30 years but still have a soft spot for that town.

For us, it was the smell of all the surrounding farms since we were in the middle of nowhere west of Toledo. Cows would literally watch us rehearse.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

For us, it was the smell of all the surrounding farms since we were in the middle of nowhere west of Toledo. Cows would literally watch us rehearse.

Was it Cadets’ cow? 

16 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Was it Cadets’ cow? 

BEEF!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Slick uni’s!

That was a great look for us and a definite step up from the tablecloth overlays we wore in 92 and 93.