Background checks

On 4/5/2024 at 3:01 PM, olddrummer34 said:

Oh stop. First of all, you are still waiting for a response, so saying anything like that at this point is un true.

Soundsport and Alumni groups don't tour, they essentially meet on a few weekends to get their act together and meet up at DCI. They have no money - and could never afford background checks the way corps that tour do. Should every adult community sports league background check the participants? Because that is the equivalent of an alumni group. Everyone is an adult. 

if you're participating in DCI, you follow their rules. end of story

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 3:01 PM, olddrummer34 said:

Soundsport and Alumni groups don't tour, they essentially meet on a few weekends to get their act together and meet up at DCI. They have no money - and could never afford background checks the way corps that tour do. Should every adult community sports league background check the participants? Because that is the equivalent of an alumni group. Everyone is an adult. 

Who says the corps have to pay for the background check? Members would submit and pay for their own checks. And then turn the results to the corps before being allowed to join. 
Been a while but that’s what I had to do two different occasions. Wasn’t allowed to fully participate until I had the paperwork to show I was cleared.

Edited by JimF-LowBari