Background checks

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Are the all-age corps required to have the same background checks as the other DCI corps? 
How about the alumni corps who are doing exhibitions at DCI shows? I ask because a lifetime sex offender almost slipped under the radar performing at DCI shows AFTER the Nadolny series of articles.  Someone saw him and reported it to the Cavaliers organization and they  removed him from the group.  Midwest Connection, an alumni group.

These procedures take a good amount of time.  I had two background checks recently for TSA precheck and a purchase. Six weeks minimum. I passed, btw.

i hope DCI hasn’t dropped the ball again considering that they have two lawsuits pending against them for abuse. 

You would probably get an answer if you reached out to DCI and ask, have you done that? 

The background checks for TSA precheck and for DCI and most education entities are not the same. 

I'm guessing the All Ages are under the same rules as Open, which is non-member touring groups.  We did have to BG check everyone.  (Note, my info is several years old at this point.) -Mike

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, olddrummer34 said:

Ok, not sure why you are being defensive. I would suggest running it by DCI. Otherwise you are asking a forum of people who don't know instead of the organization you are asking about. 

You never know what info people have until you ask, so why not ask. Also posting is a way to let DCPers know of answers are given.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Are the all-age corps required to have the same background checks as the other DCI corps? 
How about the alumni corps who are doing exhibitions at DCI shows? I ask because a lifetime sex offender almost slipped under the radar performing at DCI shows AFTER the Nadolny series of articles.  Someone saw him and reported it to the Cavaliers organization and they  removed him from the group.  Midwest Connection, an alumni group.

These procedures take a good amount of time.  I had two background checks recently for TSA precheck and a purchase. Six weeks minimum. I passed, btw.

i hope DCI hasn’t dropped the ball again considering that they have two lawsuits pending against them for abuse. 

from several reliable sources, now that the All Age corps are part of DCI, they follow all of DCI's rules on policies and procedures on everything, including background checks.

• Like 3

On 4/2/2024 at 9:14 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Sex offenders yes. I understand. But how deep are they diving into these background checks? Are they excluding people from the activity with say non violent felonies such as tax evasion? Low level drug offenses ?