Background checks

1 hour ago, camel lips said:

Sex offenders yes. I understand. But how deep are they diving into these background checks? Are they excluding people from the activity with say non violent felonies such as tax evasion? Low level drug offenses ? 

Back in the 90s our church started background checks for people around youth. Then it was state police check for crimes against youth and check if you were on the national abuse registry.

Nothing like my security checks for DoD. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think they’d use the educational model.  Not the one I had to do for TSA.  

So what is the educational model?  What is the one for TSA and how do they differ? 

My policy at the time was to automatically exclude anyone with a misdemeanor related to sex, violence or youth, and any felony conviction regardless of charge.  Anything else had to have a discussion.  DCI may have since given more boilerplate guidance.  -Mike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Noooo… Jim has homeland security clearance for his job.  Nothing like the one he had for Cadets.  That’s was basic information. 

Wife had a cousin who worked at FBI. Cousin and I were joking around and he said “I’m gonna check your file when I get back to work”. Mother in law was “you don’t have an FBI file do you Jim?”. I said “sure it’s pretty thick by now… they got my fingerprints too”. 😈 

Very few people knew I had a security clearance 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, camel lips said:

Sex offenders yes. I understand. But how deep are they diving into these background checks? Are they excluding people from the activity with say non violent felonies such as tax evasion? Low level drug offenses ? 

I'd think anything jail or conviction related is not good

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m waiting for a response but it sounds like there are no background checks for Soundsport or alumni corps.  So Morgan Larson could perform in either one of those venues.

They are not serious about member safety.  Even with two lawsuits pending.  

Oh stop. First of all, you are still waiting for a response, so saying anything like that at this point is un true.

Soundsport and Alumni groups don't tour, they essentially meet on a few weekends to get their act together and meet up at DCI. They have no money - and could never afford background checks the way corps that tour do. Should every adult community sports league background check the participants? Because that is the equivalent of an alumni group. Everyone is an adult.