DCI Annapolis now TBD

I just received this email from DCI regarding the Annapolis show:

TBD MD

PRESENTED BY: USBands

An unforeseen scheduling conflict with Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium will unfortunately necessitate the relocation of this year’s DCI Annapolis event to another venue.

As a current ticket holder for this event, we will be refunding your purchase in full. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to show on your card on file after Monday, April 15. No additional action will be necessary on your part.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and while we don’t have any additional details at this time, we are in the process of evaluating suitable alternative locations. We will be happy to keep you informed of any updates in the coming weeks.

To thank you for your patience and loyalty, we will provide you with an opportunity to order tickets for the new event location before they are offered to the general public.

https://dci.org/events/2024-dci-annapolis

Edited by Old Corps Guy

That week is getting tough for us in the Northeast.  The show in Glassboro at Rowan Univ was also refunded due to emergency field turf replacement. I was refunded this week for that.  Two shows in the same week, days apart, now looking for a new home.  

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, leed17 said:

That week is getting tough for us in the Northeast.  The show in Glassboro at Rowan Univ was also refunded due to emergency field turf replacement. I was refunded this week for that.  Two shows in the same week, days apart, now looking for a new home.  

There are a few stadiums as possibilities.  University of MD has a turf field and hosted finals in 2000 may be an option.  Towson University is also a turf field in Baltimore.

Both NFL stadiums nearby are grass and I doubt DCI would go there.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Just now, Old Corps Guy said:

There are a few stadiums as possibilities.  University of MD has a turf field and hosted finals in 2000 may be an option.  Both NFL stadiums nearby are grass and I doubt DCI would go there.

If you expand the circle there is College of William & Mary in Williamsburg VA.  Gorgeous place

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If you expand the circle there is College of William & Mary in Williamsburg VA.  Gorgeous place

My daughter did her under-grad at W&M.  The issue there is a very short height of stands.  I've seen high schools in Virginia with taller stands than W&M.

It's also not an easy drive from Winston-Salem (Crown show the day prior) to the Tidewater area.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

My daughter did her under-grad at W&M.  The issue there is a very short height of stands.  I've seen high schools in Virginia with taller stands than W&M.

It's also not an easy drive from Winston-Salem (Crown show the day prior) to the Tidewater area.

Ok re stands; point of order that if you are driving I-85 from W-S, in Richmond turn east on I-64 & Williamsburg is about an hour.  Closer than Annapolis.   And if you go another 45 min there is Old Dominion & Christopher Newport.  And in Richmond there is U of Richmond.  Plus some big HS stadiums. 

It wouldn’t bother me to have a show within an hour or two vs 4-5 hrs to Annapolis 

• Like 1