Murfreesboro show

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Maybe I’ll stuff water bottles in my clothes like the Animal House guys at the Food King. 

The sleeves of wind breaker's work well to store several beers or other drinks.  A sleeve with elastic cuffs does it best.

• Like 1

Been going every year for 11 years now (well, one of those years was in the Vanderbilt stadium, which honestly I enjoyed a little more, but that's another thing entirely).

As others have said, it's a great venue! Bowl stadium with ample parking and room. Expect a lot of area high schools, lol. Two things to keep in mind: There is ample parking, but be prepared for a bit of a walk, especially if you park on the wrong side. Also, they usually run out of bottled water by the intermission - plan accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2024 at 1:15 PM, iggymen said:

There is a law in the city now that is not MEANT to target LGBT, but it is in reaction to the state as a whole...   This is the first time we will not go in nearly 15 years.

It's sad because the queer community there is surprisingly large and so friendly. Tennessee's just full of lawmakers who are out of touch.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, happycomposer said:

Been going every year for 11 years now (well, one of those years was in the Vanderbilt stadium, which honestly I enjoyed a little more, but that's another thing entirely).

As others have said, it's a great venue! Bowl stadium with ample parking and room. Expect a lot of area high schools, lol. Two things to keep in mind: There is ample parking, but be prepared for a bit of a walk, especially if you park on the wrong side. Also, they usually run out of bottled water by the intermission - plan accordingly.

I walk about five miles a day so walking is good with me!  I have a smart knee now. 😂  I picked tickets way up top just so I’d have to walk up a lot of steps.

The water thing has me a little worried, though.  I think I’ll get there early and buy a few bottles. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 12:47 PM, RanksndFile said:

Make sure to go to The Chop House for dinner before the show.

Great steaks abd Bloody Marys. We usually saw a couple of the judges who were having a pre show dinner.

Jim made a reservation there.  In April hahaha. 

• Haha 1