10 hours ago, crownisking said:

So...not to sound all melodramatic but should we be concerned about the future of this activity if it's becoming this difficult to secure show sites? Or is this year just a one off? Seems like this, in addition to all the other challenges drum corps are facing, is a troubling sign. Especially if the Houston show doesn't happen.

Is this the third or fourth season post Covid? So doubt if that is part of the problem.
I was wondering if it’s also getting harder to find housing and practice sites. 

22 hours ago, crownisking said:

So...not to sound all melodramatic but should we be concerned about the future of this activity if it's becoming this difficult to secure show sites? Or is this year just a one off? Seems like this, in addition to all the other challenges drum corps are facing, is a troubling sign. Especially if the Houston show doesn't happen.

1.  How much of this is difficulty in securing show sites, and how much of it is exercising choice between several suitable venues?  Sometimes, shows move seeking a better rental price, or to "right-size" the venue for the expected audience size.

2.  I know you didn't mention this, but for those citing economic conditions - the number of venues performing maintenance, turf replacements or other upgrades is a symptom of a properly functioning economy.

3.  When open-class shows go TBD, sometimes they end up cancelled.  But for world-class, it is exceptionally rare for an event to be cancelled.  The member corps made commitments to these events back in the fall, and a matrix of show sponsors coordinated by the DCI office made reciprocal commitments.  If the Annapolis show, "presented by USBands", cannot find a venue with all the contacts DCI and USBands have in that department, that would signal something to be concerned about.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Is this the third or fourth season post Covid? So doubt if that is part of the problem.
I was wondering if it’s also getting harder to find housing and practice sites. 

this sill be the third competitive plus the 2021 mini season with no scores

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

this sill be the third competitive plus the 2021 mini season with no scores

That’s it, 2021 was so screwy I couldn’t remember what happened that year. 🥵