Advice

notquitedeafdrummer

I need HELP!

Due to "circumstances", I will not be marching in Madison this year. I need someplace to march! I played 2nd bass in Capital Sound last year, and I am a pretty decent drummer. I have a car and am willing to drive a long distance. I am willing to go D1 but want to make sure I march in a drumline. I live in Menomonie WI which is an hour east of Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Where should I try out? My friend and I have been looking at the Colts, Phantom, and Southwind.... I dont want to march a Senior corps or a D3 corps...

I've also been told that I should drive down and try out for Revolution...

??????????????????????????????????????????????

I figure most of the people on this site have more experience in the drum corps world than me... What do you think? I'm open to ideas!

Thanks, Elizabeth

former CS BD #2

if your willing to make the drive to Rev... you wouldnt regret it at all, I promise!!!

have you thought Coats or G-men? or even BK for that matter .....

I need HELP!

Due to "circumstances", I will not be marching in Madison this year. I need someplace to march! I played 2nd bass in Capital Sound last year, and I am a pretty decent drummer. I have a car and am willing to drive a long distance. I am willing to go D1 but want to make sure I march in a drumline. I live in Menomonie WI which is an hour east of Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Where should I try out? My friend and I have been looking at the Colts, Phantom, and Southwind.... I dont want to march a Senior corps or a D3 corps...

I've also been told that I should drive down and try out for Revolution...

??????????????????????????????????????????????

I figure most of the people on this site have more experience in the drum corps world than me... What do you think? I'm open to ideas!

Thanks, Elizabeth

former CS BD #2

Why not Madison? They'll probably have one of the best drumlines out there.

Anyway... to actually answer your question, Chris Hestin's doing some good things down at Glassmen and coming off a 14th place finish, I would imagine the competition will be somewhat less than in most years to get into that corps. Colts drum staff is young and very talented. A good friend of mine teaches the pit there, and I thought they took a lot of strides last year, and should continue to next year. Crown is having auditions in Indiana, so you might want to check them out.

Jim

Jim,

Probably circumstance is that she is a girl...Madison, while many members may be in touch with their feminine sides, still does not allow girls in the corps.

I could be worng, but I'm guessing that this is the circumstance of which she speaks...thus signed, Elizabeth. :)

Best,

Peerno

Yeah, can't march Scouts, for biological reasons... Way to be, Peerno. As of Revolution, I did talk to some people who said it might be a worthwhile drive. I am really poor though, and my parents dont support my marching in DCI, so carpooling would be great. I have a car, but splitting gas costs would be "money". I would be happy to get in touch with the MN guy...

Also, I have been considering checking out Colts, I hear they have some spots to fill. And a hot cymbal line ;) And I have heard that they treat their kids really well.

So.. right now it's most likely Revo, Colts, maybe back to Cap Sound (nooooooo!)... maybe somewhere else? I dunno...

thanks for the responses and ideas,

Elizabeth