2003 DCI DVD's???????????

That's probably not a reasonable expectation to have for a really young corps just coming off a year out of finals. Heck, there are very few corps, regardless of experience or history, that can compare favorably with the Scouts' 1995 show. From my perspective, this was a good rebound year for the corps, the drill and guard were improved, and I thought the closer was really cool.

If you look at it within context of the last three years, then you might get a better appreciation of the show. Just my opinion.

Michael Oldemeyer

Michael - that's a good perspective on things. Every time I find myself

complaining that 03 isn't as good as 95, 97, or 88 for that matter,

I need to remind myself of the tremedous comeback they made!

Also, Sal hinted that last year (03) was stage one of a 3 year plan....it

was kind of a "play-it-safe" type show. They plan on cranking it up

another notch in 04 and yet again in 05!!! I've listened to a portion

of their source music for 2004 and they are definately increasing the

musical demand and intensity!!! I can't wait to here the rest of the

show and find out what the overall concept is!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got my finals DVD for christmas. the only problem that i have is that for some reason, in between every chapter (every different song that the corps play) there's a skip, and it repeats a second. at times it really throws off the mood of the show. is anyone else's like that? but other than that, i am more than pleased with the DVDs. and also, man, what was that trumpet thinking in god bless america.......oh well. great work Tom ^OO^

Edited by BCC99Man

i just got my finals DVD for christmas. the only problem that i have is that for some reason, in between every chapter (every different song that the corps play) there's a skip, and it repeats a second. at times it really throws off the mood of the show. is anyone else's like that? but other than that, i am more than pleased with the DVDs. and also, man, what was that trumpet thinking in god bless america.......oh well. great work Tom ^OO^

I have some strange skips too...but I'm not sure if it's the DVD or the stupid player!!! IT SCREWS THINGS when you're trying to get into the shows you're watching.

I received my DVDs for Christmas and I have NO complaints about the quality.

I loved the drum judge tapes, but I found that the hornlines sounded very "distant". I know that the mikes were right in front of the pit, but the hornlines (even Phantom to a slight degree) sounded like they were muffled and playing farther away. They were all much clearer live, even from my Finals night seat in the far high corner of the end zone.

Add my vote for a GREAT job with the 2003 DVD. The MANY options available

are so much better than possible on VHS.

By chance I had to go out and buy a new TV tonight. I broke it in by watching

the DVD. I noticed an improvement in the sound, which was obviously due to

the better (stereo) speakers in the new set.

Keep up the good work DCI!