BD on new mouthpieces?

Blaringbrass

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new mouthpieces is what i was takling about, i should of been more specific.

SPCBrass: if the sops wern't playing on CG3s in 2001 what were they playing on?

Yeah, if anyone can clear the BD switch up that would be great......

I will see Wayne this weekend.  I will try to clear it up then!

]:-)

Wow!  I would never change to one specific mouthpiece.  Each individual is different in everyway.  What is good for you may not be good for me.  If there is one thing that angers me is some of these guys deciding on what mouthpiece these kids should play on.....Must be the $$$$$$$$$$.  It sure isn't brass smarts.

That may be true but what they are looking for is a similar sound.  Same horns, same mpc, similar sound even if you are different. Plus eveyone in BD anyway is a good enough player to adapt on what their  brass techs want them to play on and get the sound that they are looking for. Sometimes i agree with you though, especially in inexperienced players would deffinently have that problem.

then they probably do that to because they don't want to have some trumpets playing on 13a4a's and then having some on bach 1x's, it wouldn't be a full sound, unlike everyone playing on the same peice. Its just kinda a different opinion for eveybody.

Wow!  I would never change to one specific mouthpiece.  Each individual is different in everyway.  What is good for you may not be good for me.  If there is one thing that angers me is some of these guys deciding on what mouthpiece these kids should play on.....Must be the $$$$$$$$$$.  It sure isn't brass smarts.

Yeah, what's Wayne thinking with those 17 high brass trophies?!?!  

:D   All in good fun, friend.

spcbrass: I have a favor to ask: Next time you go to the BD camp or whenever you see Wayne or any of the upper leads will you find out what brand CG3 they are actually playing on. If you could do that I would be forever in your debt :) .

Just from pics it looks like they are Benge CG3s and someone told me they were on the reg CG3s which don't look like the ones in the pics.......anyway if you'd do that I would be Mucho Gracias (:-D

Thus far, we are still playing on the mouthpieces we were on last year (Bowman for euphs/baries, CG3s for slops, etc). I have also read the article in DCW, but if we are really changing, it hasn't been brought up in practice yet. Then again, last year we woke up one morning with new mouthpieces for baris/euphs. Maybe it will be another "surprise".