They Have Drumline Parkinglot...

L1STEN2311

Well, recording devices are banned at DCI shows, and while they might not be banned in parking lots, I know there are people out there that think bootleg recording is wrong (esp. with copyright issues...that's probably the reason why it's frowned upon). If I knew more about designing web pages, I would do it. Who knows, in the coming weeks I might start to design a webpage...I've done it before, so who knows. I couldn't do it alone though. Anyone know for sure what the legal issues are?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea really. im a nerd, and i like horn arcs a lot!! even when i was in drumline i'd go watch the drumlines and then some hornlines. i dont think i'd buy a tape of either of them though. i just enjoy watching groups warm up in person. and thats about as far as it goes :)

I have been waiting for a website like this for a long time I hope it happens !!! There is NOTHINJG like hearing a chord progression that is played well. I love drums to but a lot of great stuff happens in the horn warmupsand if you are a horn player then you know what I mean.

PLUS I like to hear parts of a show in an arch, It'snice to hear everything in the book.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, to be honest, I'm really not that interested in watching hornlines do lip slurs and warm up and such. I don't really care to watch drumlines in the lot, either. I know one guy who's really into that, but it doesn't do much for me.

You ever hear BD's hornline warm-up in person? Definitely worth the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

So, here's the question.... if we're worried about copyrights and stuff with hornline clips, how does drumlineparkinglot get away with it??

Could you argue that since they're playing it in public, it's in the public domain and free to all? they don't sell warmup tapes, so it's not like we'd be infringing on possible profits for them (ala Napster). I'd be interested in setting it up.. since I've designed web pages for awhile...