Females on Bass

MuZiK11

ok - i think you all missed the point of my thread.

i KNOW there have been many females who have marched bass drum . my question is do you know any who have marched bottom bass in a corps thats not all girls (meaning - bandettes doesnt count)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i KNOW there have been many females who have marched bass drum . my question is do you know any who have marched bottom bass in a corps thats not all girls (meaning - bandettes doesnt count)

In 2002 we had Pam on bottom bass in Cabs

96 Bushwackers - Genny who is now my fiancee

i played bass 2 laster in Empire now im rockin it out wiht my boys on 4. rock on bass chicks!!!!!!!!

ehh heem......that should be ....men!!! thank you ... b**bs

Heh... funny. We are all calling the ladies 'chicks' throughout the thread, then we get a bit uppity when one of them calls us a 'boy'!

Just funny, to me... B)

• 3 weeks later...

All I have to say is WOO! Go you!

I may only be in High School.. for now. But I play snare :D In fact, for the fall season, two out of three of our tenors were girls. And as of right now.. our entire five piece bass line are chicks! Woo, represent. Girls aren't limited to certain instruments. I know one of our best sousaphones was a girl. Just keep rockin'! Becuase you, bottom bass, are da riddim!

All I have to say is WOO! Go you!

I may only be in High School.. for now. But I play snare :D In fact, for the fall season, two out of three of our tenors were girls. And as of right now.. our entire five piece bass line are chicks! Woo, represent. Girls aren't limited to certain instruments. I know one of our best sousaphones was a girl. Just keep rockin'! Becuase you, bottom bass, are da riddim!

Bluecoats have had a chick center snare and center bass for the past 3 years (including this year).

yea, I wonder who that center bass chic your speakin of could be.... LAUREN!! :rolleyes:

folks, Lauren can throw down.......I'm glad to be on the same bassline as her this year...its even hard for me to drum with such a badarse sometimes.

Wurd to the lady basses out there!!!

also, the HS line I teach has a girl on 2, she's coming along very very well, strong player and fast learner.