Biggest Downer

ampssuck

Word.....*sniff*...'specially when you're a rook-out...

Sam:

Look at it this way. You only had one frustrating year! Don't you feel better now? I do!

Rocketman

ampssuck

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1986 when we(27th Lancers) got beaten out of finals by 1/10th of a point, knowing full and well we had just performed a show worthy of a finals placing. All in the name of going with the "new directions" that dci was going and they still didn't care about it. That was my age out year. Then turning right around after that and hearing George B. tell us that this great corps, the 27th Lancers was folding. My age out night had to be the most depressing of any one.

1) Going from beating Sky Ryders, VK, Troopers and being right there with the Crossmen and Freelancers with Gary Meegan working our hornline for first tour in '83 to taking 18th in Miami after Meegan was "let go" (my common sense tells me to stop there).

Hey Randy,

Is this the same Gary Meegan who's currently with the SCV Cadets? Just wanted to know since he wrote the horn book when I marched there. Great guy!

Is that the same Gary Meegan who marched with the 1974 Auburn, NY Purple Lancers?

Geoff

ampssuck

Sam:

Look at it this way. You only had one frustrating year! Don't you feel better now? I do!

Rocketman

ampssuck

I can look at that both ways, Jeff...we both know the p;ain of losing so closely...but I'd rather have discovered corps earlier...one year on the field was not enough...why else do you think I searched out a Brit corps when I was overseas?

However...I think Lancerlady just won...

why else do you think I searched out a Brit corps when I was overseas?

Well, because you were bored crossed my mind. But I'd agree, we might as well end this now. Lancerlady wins, (or loses I guess).

Rocketman - feeling better

ampssuck

why else do you think I searched out a Brit corps when I was overseas?

Well, because you were bored crossed my mind. But I'd agree, we might as well end this now. Lancerlady wins, (or loses I guess).

Rocketman - feeling better

ampssuck

I'm glad I could help you feel better....

:blink:

"in 3rd place, with a score of 91.20..........the Blue Devils" - 1978 DCI Finals.

Hmmmmmmmmm, it could be worse!

Rocketman

ampssuck

I will still never believe 78, so close, but yet so close. OUCH, I feel for you!

Anyhoo, beating BD by what, 2 1/2 points one week before finals.

:( b**bs b**bs b**bs 1980 could have been anyone of the top 4 or top 2s game! IMHO

However what's done is done! I don't know if I like 2nd or 4th better, 2nd just ruins your life kind of....sometimes for a while, and sometimes for longer than a while....

Rehearsed every single camp with Cadets from Nov 89 to June 0f 90. Even did a stage show with them. Was measured for MY OWN UNIFORM!! Guess what, I was a senior in high school and failed english. I had to go to summerschool. I called George crying because I had to quit. As we all know they went on to win. What a show. :blink:

Rehearsed every single camp with Cadets from Nov 89 to June 0f 90. Even did a stage show with them. Was measured for MY OWN UNIFORM!! Guess what, I was a senior in high school and failed english. I had to go to summerschool. I called George crying because I had to quit. As we all know they went on to win. What a show. :blink:

OUCH!

One of the sops for Nightfire says he was in BD in 96, but had a child born 2 weeks before finals and had to quit...