Biggest Downer

Oh man, you got it from the VK side too? Sorry about that Morgan.

I did a lot of thinking during that season and thought quite a few times about leaving before tour. While that year and the following years weren't the best, I'm kind of glad I stayed with it. In fact, I don't think I'd be with Renegades now if I wouldn't have stuck with it.

I do have to say, it was very strange having Jim and Chris as my instructors again (VF's horns in 84) and Larry this year (Dons in 85). B)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first show as a rifle in the Cavaliers guard, first triple and it ends up on the ground :(

One WGI show in Chicago in 1981 I got hit with a flying rifle, dropped my flag, and got hit with another one all in one show. To say I had a bad show that day would be the understatement of the century. :music:

• 2 weeks later...

"in 3rd place, with a score of 91.20..........the Blue Devils" - 1978 DCI Finals.

Uh....I got drafted into the Army literally days before my homies the '67 Anaheim Kingsmen got on the busses to go to New Orleans for AL Nationals...

..oh, that and I passed my audition for USAF Academy Corps but got drafted before the local AF recruiter could verify it...I did, however, get to march off the field with AF after the Kingsmen's home show that year....a little graduation from Anaheim to Air Force deal....a bit premature as it turned out.

It was SSgt. Keith Markey auditioned and passed me.....sadly I heard via the 2003 DCA alumni DVD that he has left us.

But that draft thing was my biggest drum corps disappointment....

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

At US Open prelims in '78 we were behind The Cadets of Greece..anyone remember them? We did beat them like the preverbial drum in finals. Those guys razzed us from their end zone seats in Denver as we exited the field at DCI finals, unbelieveable.

I remember them!

Rocketman

ampssuck