Drummers, what's your first choice instrument?

MelloBear

Percussion people, what's your first choice instrument to play in the battery?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Percussion people, what's your first choice instrument to play in the battery?

• Snare
    • Tenors
    • Bass
    • Cymbals

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say bass without a doubt. I don't know, the uniqueness of blending as a bassline is an experience that I love. You depends on your bass brothers and sisters to get the job done (not saying that it isn't like that with snare/ tenor/ cymbals, just saying that it is way different)

I mean, if you are missing 1 snare, or 1 tenor drummer... its not that big of a deal because everyone plays the same part. But if you are missing 1 bass drummer, everything gets messed up and doesn't sound right.

I started on bass, and I have always loved it. I tried snare for a bit in HS... but its not the same. I like to keep my snare chops up though so that I can hang at least, but I would never go out for snare in a drumline.

Just my $.02

~Jon

snare

I wanted to play tenors when I started marching, and I pretty much started out on them. I never had any desire to play snare, I never have played snare, and I never will play snare. I marched tenors for 4 years in high school, and I'm looking into getting back into drumming possibly in college....I will play tenors of course!