Old School--Best year ever

I'm voting for 1975, and here's my random thoughts on why:

--Madison wrestling the title away from West Coast domination

--27th Lancer's "wailing" baritone solos during "Chameleon"

--Royal Crusaders made finals

--three, count 'em three Wisconsin corps in finals!!!!!

--Cavies last year of cadet uni's

--off-season hockey competition

--first time finals were televised on PBS

--first DQ for overage (sorry Muchacho's)

--loved Phantom's opener (American Overture for Band)

--my first year!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unclez

"Did you just bring a memory back to me "--off-season hockey competition" - every Friday during the winter of 75 we'd be at the ring, altough I'm not sure if this was a regional competition.....we also had went bowling-winter of 75 and/or 76. I know, pretty weak ha? :P

There are so, so many that I loved, but I'll keep it to the following:

1975, then 1980, next is 1983, 84, 85 - I would also add some pre-DCI, but I wasn't sure if we were only doing DCI.....75 and 80 were such rich years for sure. 75 was phenominal except for the Muchacho devastation. That kind of put a damper on things for me. What a show!!

I did absolutely love Madison, I had since before 75, and I was very happy for them although I felt it was bitter sweet, they still won! It really wasn't bitter sweet, just a fiasco that didn't have to happen. The rules should be followed.

80, well the top 12 and maybe even the top 25 were so good in my opinion.

83, 84, 85 were just such a new change in direction and I was so mezmerized by Gahfield, and there was a year (can't remember) that I thought Phantom was fabulous. I believethere was a piece with yellow chains attached to the guard.... :huh::huh::huh:

did I just say that???? :silly:

Edited by LancerFi

Competitively, the best years in the 1970s were 1974 and 1978. Throughout those seasons, it wasn't clear who would win DCI.

Dang Dan, I'd almost agree. Unfortunately, I believe there were forces at work (evil forces) that pretty much "sealed the deal" on a few occassions, regardless of how competitive the season may have been.

Rocketman - always a conspiracy

ampssuck

Competitively, the best years in the 1970s were 1974 and 1978. Throughout those seasons, it wasn't clear who would win DCI.

Dang Dan, I'd almost agree. Unfortunately, I believe there were forces at work (evil forces) that pretty much "sealed the deal" on a few occassions, regardless of how competitive the season may have been.

ampssuck

Rocketman, I always thought that....as some of my very good friends in the east do.

LancerFi - Agrees

^0^

ampssuck

Would you care to elaborate?

Lancerfi????????????????

Rocketman - who me?

ampssuck

ampssuck

Yeah, I would love to hear what your theory is. I have one, but it's based on theories here in the East.