Uniform Changes

The drum and bugle corps that I marched with made several uniform changes through-out their history, but the only one I didn't care for was their last one, when they purchased the Seneca Optimists Yellow cadets and then modified them. not that they didn't look good, but as an "Olde Pharte" I liked the original colors.

Did your corps or a corps that you love make a change and did you like it?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I marched Pio, we changed from khaki pants to black ones mid-season, and I think the change helped our look a little bit. I remember commenting, and having a lot of people agree with me, that "they made our sash", which at the time was a white sash with orange stripe borders and a silver "belt buckle" (very similar to what Kilties will be using this season) "actually look good"

And I agree with Mike about not being too thrilled about the "Roman" hats.

Oakland Crusaders, 1980. I can say that, having worn it. :(

As a Madison Alum, the scouts most recent change has me very disturbed...................

The Madison change upset a lot of alum. I showed it to alum and he almost had a heart attack.

Edited by sburstall

When I marched Pio, we changed from khaki pants to black ones mid-season, and I think the change helped our look a little bit. I remember commenting, and having a lot of people agree with me, that "they made our sash", which at the time was a white sash with orange stripe borders and a silver "belt buckle" (very similar to what Kilties will be using this season) "actually look good"

And I agree with Mike about not being too thrilled about the "Roman" hats.

Matt, I could have fallen on my sword when they unveiled those things in Cedarburg last year. The "roman" hat has to go.

Ever since Phantom went with the "French Tickler" look with the hemlet plumes, they're just not the same to me.

But the young 'uns like them so what do I know? :rolleyes: