Uniform Changes

I don't think there was a year that VK entered the fieild wearing the same thing that they had on the year before, and it all worked out for the best.

The only year that VK really killed themselves was '95. Those had to be the worst uniforms ever. The "yellow dickie" was a torn piece of cloth that we just tied around our necks. It was an embarassment to the activity. The hat was a cheap trucker hat that got deformed in the sun. The shoes were the only cool thing we had. The all black Converse were made special for the corps from Converse. Got to love sponsors!

Bad VK.....bad!

^0^

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beware of those sgian duhbs....I hear they're pretty sharp.

Is that how you spell it? Friggin Gaelic!!

For the unitiated, its pronounced "skin dooz"

As far as Madison unis... I think the new unis are great. I like them better than the previous unis. BUT, I was bummed when they moth-balled the green Explorer Scout uniforms, complete with spats and neckerchief. Those were among my all time favorites.

When we get the Madison Alumni Corps going, we'll be going back to that version of the uni.

Scouts are actually planning on a reunion corps for 06 so it remains to be seen what uniform will actually see the light of day.

My last year in 1986 the 27th Lancers really wanted to "change" our look (or I should say DCI) and they took away our khaki tops and exhanged it with red jackets with purple sashes with white trim. Guess who came up with that design? I HATED IT! I wanted the old uniform back! I was so upset to wear that uniform. But as long as I got to keep the hat with the starburst, wear the pants with the spats and gauntlets I was somewhat okay with it.

But another one I absolutely hated this year was SCV's color guard uniform. Just awful.

I would say for Crossmen the worst uniform would be the year (1985?) they wore those ugly black and white muchacho want to be looking Hostess Ho-Ho unis! Boy was I glad to seem them go! :sshh:

I would say for Crossmen the worst uniform would be the year (1985?) they wore those ugly black and white muchacho want to be looking Hostess Ho-Ho unis! Boy was I glad to seem them go! :sshh:

Don't tell Lee that! :P

(see the bottom of page 2 of this thread, and you'll see exactly why those uniforms belong on the list)

This is a little :OT: but you're website is very nice! ^OO^