Old School chat

lookin good so far.....let's give it a few more days to see how many more are interested, and then maybe we can setup a weekly chat at a time that is convenient for everyone.

Edited by Blue Devil Legend

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please....count me in. I sure do miss the days when there was a battle to get to 25th !! I remember when it actually "mattered" to get scores from corps like Guardsmen, Blue Stars, Northstar.....etc......meaning: Will they or wont they make finals.

It seemed competition was a major factor then, now corps place wherever and that is that...........

~G~

Count me in, I'm with you guys!!! ^OO^

Me too, Me too!!!!

MikeD are you saying in a nice way that you do not care to live in the past?

Not at all...

I love what I experienced when I marched/taught...I've loved seeing the Blessed Sac alumni corps, or the Cabs alumni, etc...watching old videos of Blue Rock and 27th and of course, Garfield.

On the other hand, I love the drum corps of today. IMO they've never been better.

I find corps just as unique, and certainly just as enjoyable, as ever.

Mike

Mike , while I agree that they've never sounded better, I respectfully disagree with your feelings on their uniqueness. No one seems to have a personality anymore IMHO.

Count me in.

I enjoy corps from today, but I don't see the distinct personalities that corps presented in the 60's,70's and early 80's.

I know that we get flak for these views, but throw in 2002 Santa Clara and tell me exactly that that show is any different in listening to 10 other corps from 2002. Take it a step further, what personality do the other 10 have?

Only a viewpoint, not the gospel truth. Heaven forbid!!

:rolleyes:

Count me in gang!

You can ask Bob Pilot - I'll gab Old School ANY TIME!!

I guess that because of the changes that my corps has seen in the last 12 years since I stopped marching, there aren't enough of the 'kids' that will understand how important the geezers are.

But that's the way it goes, throw history and evolution to the wind, and trash the old folks. BITE ME!! I ain't dead yet! If I had the wheels, I could still out-march and out play most of these kids who are half my age.

I suppose that it's like anything else, only as good as " what have you done for me lately". Anyone else concur, or am I just blowing smoke?

Pat

:ramd:

I hear ya, my mind is willin' be the body says, "mmmmmm, I don't think so!" :(

If it wasn't for us, they'd probably be stuck in summer school, well a few of them would anyway. :rolleyes:

Edited by Old Dutch Boy Cadet

looks like a nice turnout so far, I would suggest that everyone create a AIM name that matches their forum name here, that alone eliminates 1000 "forum name please" requests that clog up the chatroom.

For instance, I created "xBDLegendx" for these chats. :rolleyes: