Old School chat

Mike , while I agree that they've never sounded better, I respectfully disagree with your feelings on their uniqueness. No one seems to have a personality anymore IMHO.

We each are free to have our own opinions....

of course, mine is always right. :rolleyes: b**bs

Mike

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a coinsidince,,, So is mine :P

Hey BD Legend - count me in. I too am a DCI dinosaur.

One thing I have to laugh about is the "group hug" atmosphere the corps give towards each other in today's era. When DCI dinosaurs roamed the earth - I hated you and you hated me. Never shall we meet - or my gosh - shake hands and congratulate each other.

We fought for the very existiance of our own corps, and, we put DCI on the map for these kids to benefit from. It has not been a smooth road over the years for DCI, but ours was worse. Sometimes our busses had square wheels travelling over gravel, in a snow storm, going uphill.

The biggest difference between the American Legion/VFW era corps, and the DCI corps, was that the directors of the DCI corps wanted to set their own direction. We all remember how the number of Legion Halls and VFW Halls were sponsoring less and less competitive corps - the rest - as they say - is history.

Yes, I am a proud dinosaur.

One thing I have to laugh about is the "group hug" atmosphere the corps give towards each other in today's era. When DCI dinosaurs roamed the earth - I hated you and you hated me. Never shall we meet - or my gosh - shake hands and congratulate each other.

That's one thing I like best about today's corps, actually.

I marched in Garfield from 70-72. It's funny you say that as a member of 2-7, as we used to stay at your member homes when visiting the Boston area, and your folks would stay with us when the corps came to the NJ area.

We were also quite friendly with folks from Argonne when we'd see them, and the Blue Stars as well (if memory serves...$1 to Chairman Kaga).

Mike

ok.....we should start throwing out some times during the week that would best suit everyone.

Hey Mike - don't get me wrong - we surely had friendships with other corps, but on the field - it was all or nothing.

I think I stayed with Greg Cinzio in 1973 - does that name ring a bell? Very cordial and his family treated us well. We also stayed in Lacrosse with members of the Blue Stars. And of course - we had a very special kinship with Santa Clara.

Being on the East Coast - after 10pm works for me.

Hey Mike - don't get me wrong - we surely had friendships with other corps, but on the field - it was all or nothing.

I think I stayed with Greg Cinzio in 1973 - does that name ring a bell? Very cordial and his family treated us well. We also stayed in Lacrosse with members of the Blue Stars. And of course - we had a very special kinship with Santa Clara.

Being on the East Coast - after 10pm works for me.

I just saw Greg at the Memorial Brass concert last week..first time in nearly 30 years!!! He came right up to me!

His dad, Doc Cinzio, was Garfield's director in the 70's, after my era.

Count me in my favorite Bro! Just name the time and place :D

Looking forward to meeting everyone!