Competition results discussion

I dew believe you are correctamundo, Matt - that matches my understanding of the rules, and I PMed Steve for some clarification beforehand. B)

You could do an odd one here or there and save a whole slew of caption changes for just before Finals week. :worthy:

Edited by Gorgoman

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here's one for Steve (or anyone who knows and cares to answer) that I just stumbled across today while looking at some potential caption changes.

I trust that the Music major caption contains Music Ensemble, Brass, Percussion Field and Percussion Ensemble. That's 80 potential points to be reduced to 30% of the final score or 30 points maximum. Are you dividing the total points in those 4 captions by 2.67 (80/30) to get the correct proportional music caption score? If not, what calculation is being used to account for Percussion Ensemble?

Thanks in advance. . . :)

I dew believe you are correctamundo, Matt - that matches my understanding of the rules, and I PMed Steve for some clarification beforehand. B)

You could do an odd one here or there and save a whole slew of caption changes for just before Finals week. :drool:

(suppresses maniacal laughter) :worthy:

OK here's one for Steve (or anyone who knows and cares to answer) that I just stumbled across today while looking at some potential caption changes.

I trust that the Music major caption contains Music Ensemble, Brass, Percussion Field and Percussion Ensemble. That's 80 potential points to be reduced to 30% of the final score or 30 points maximum. Are you dividing the total points in those 4 captions by 2.67 (80/30) to get the correct proportional music caption score? If not, what calculation is being used to account for Percussion Ensemble?

Thanks in advance. . . :)

Percussion Ensemble = Percussion Field, unless there is a major event and thus this equation becomes false.

I think what he meant to say is in how it all adds up to the total score...like for the visual caption you add up the three visual captions and then divide that number by 3 to get the 30 points possible. I think what he was asking is what is that total number is divided by for the final score in Music.

Does that sound right?

I can't help notice that when I did my southern swing, my scores didn't go anywhere. I don't think any city south of the Mason-Dixon line understands hockey. :silly: I mean, the corps didn't get any standing O's in the usual spots in the show like they did when we performing in the mid-west.

I don't think any city south of the Mason-Dixon line understands hockey. :silly:

You should have told the fans it was like SEC Football on Ice! :P