Competition results discussion

eXplosion would like to congratulate YogoBoo on winning Division I, Black Marauders on winning Division II, and Storm Squires on winning Division III at our home show in Bloomington. It was a great night for Drum Corps and a great show. In Division I, 3rd through 8th place were within one point of each other.

Congrats to all the corps'!

Edited by isuquinndog

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck Frankie, how about upping it from Guinness to our own HofbrauHaus homebrew?  Our Haus beer beats anything else those islanders can muster up. . . :P

OK Mr. Director of the Gorgons,

Your on, one case of our Haus beer :mmm:

My kids are tucked away and waiting for the Gorgons show tomorrow! I can just taste that cold brew going down! :mmm:

Good luck and may the best fantasy win! LOL.

I'm afraid I gotcha!! B) :)

The "surprises" we had for our home crowd went over very well with the judges, and we won our home show tonight!! I really liked your show tonight too! Just wish that the one contra player of yours hadn't eaten turf and taken the percussion judge out with him! :( Hope all are OK!

But second place is nothing to be ashamed of either - we've been whipping each other's backsides all season long, and I expect it'll continue. . .

Can't wait for the :worthy: - it's gonna be gooooooood!!

:)

Prosit!!

All 3 of the Tennessee Nipples organization have made it to the Finals of their respective Regionals!! The Tennessee Nipples finished 2nd in the DCP-I South regionals, a little less than a point behind coldfusion last night. The corps will be making a few changes to the ballad today to try to get that point back!

Meanwhile, the Sons of Thunder continue their winning streak in Div 2, taking the top honors in the DCP-I South Regionals. They are still outscoring the Nipples by a few tenths of a point.

And up in DeKalb, the third member of the Tennessee Nipples Organization, the Cincinnati Glory made a nice come back from the beginning of the season to capture the 3rd and final spot in the DCP-I Mid-West regional finals.

We cought up with Dr Milky Juggs who had this to say "We are VERY pleased with the performance of our whole organization. To have all 3 corps make their regional finals in their first year is quite an accomplishment! We look forward to even greater things in the future!!"

The Tennessee Nipples Organization would like to offer a congrats to all corps that made the Regional Finals!!!

All six of the FUSION organization's corps had excellent regional showings.

coldfusion came out on top at Atlanta with a 79.26, and the kids were very pleased with the performance. The kids know though that they'll have to make a huge push tomorrow to stay on top, since Tennesee Nipples are less than a point behind them.

aerofusion came out on top in their division in Allentown, being the only Division 2 corps there. The kids were very pleased too because of the fact that they outscored many division 1 corps. The kids are ready to make a huge push forward tomorrow, hopefully outscoring more division 1 corps.

hydrofusion was the only dissapointment of the night, not advancing to finals. This young corps has made incredible strides in the last few days, gaining 2.77 points in the last three days, one of which was spent traveling. The kids were relatively pleased with their performance though, and we know they'll be more motivated when they see those other corps in finals.

Machine had their premier performance tonight in Riverside, CA. These kids moved in two weeks ago and have been rehearsing the heck out of their show, and it paid off. For a first performance, these kids laid it out, coming in 2nd place and posting a score of 77.58, the 11th highest of the day. The kids were estatic about their performance and knew they had done what they had showed up there to do.

wongbong had their second performance ever tonight at the DCP-Canada regional. Yesterday they won their show in Bristol, RI with a score of 78.20, and today managed to push that score up another 1.35 points to 79.55. This was another late move-in corps due to schooling issues with international students. The kids are really working hard, and know they laid it out, posting the 2nd highest score of the day.

Commander, the newest Division 2 corps in competition had their second show tonight in DeKalb, and wowed the crowds. They placed 2nd in their division, and had a poing increase of 1.76 to put their final score at 76.03. The kids are putting on the new ending today and will perform it tonight at the Midwest finals.

Congratulations to all the corps out there, and keep up the great work!

It's been a different season for Kosmos thusfar. We've found ourselves in more or less a complete reversal from where we were last season; last season, we won the DCPM prelims, and this year, we didn't even make it out of the first show. Clearly, there have been a lot of corps that have been a bit better prepared than we were for this season so far. That's a credit to those corps who have worked very hard to improve their programs to the level that we set by winning the first DCP championship.

We've found that we've been trying to focus on too much at once, and managing 6 corps is distracting us from focusing on our main goal of contending for our second championship. At this point, we are only looking at managing 2 corps for next season, perhaps 3. The Kadence corps has been very solid all season and just barely missed advancing to the D2 finals at DeKalb, but our other corps have been struggling with their programs. Kosmos has also been having a difficult time selling our show to the judges, which is why we're going to be doing a pretty radical overhaul over the next couple weeks and completely change our closer. As much fun as it was trying to put a marching robot on the field with our drill, our current closer is just not working, so we're going to replace it with a song that we had originally considered for our show, "Navras" from The Matrix Revolutions. We've got the arrangements ready, and after our corps takes a day off to rest, we'll be getting it onto the field over the next week or so.

As Executive Director of the North Texas Drum and Bugle Corps Alliance, we extend congratulations to the winners who were able to advance in the South Regionals in Atlanta. Both our Division I runners, Phantom Crusaders and Golden Legion fell short in advancement to the finals portion. Our Division II runners, North Central Vanguard and Abilene Brassmen also were unable to advance in Finals contention. Being our inaugural season for all these corps, we revel in the fact that we have been able to progress quite well in the face of such tight competition. Your corps are to be commended for their great efforts -- never looking past the fact that our purpose is first and foremost toward entertaining our audience that gives our praise and approval. We must be gracious in our victories, yet extend our hand to our victors in our own shortcomings. To all the corps as we continue down the road toward Finals week -- best of luck and may we all arrive at our destinations safely.

Best Regards,

Shawn Pack, Executive Director - North Texas Drum and Bugle Corps Alliance

The NTDBCA -- bringing to you the Phantom Crusaders, Golden Legion, North Central Vanguard, and Abilene Brassmen

The Tennessee Nipples organization fared pretty well last night. At DCP-I South the Nipples finished 2nd in Div 1 and the Sons of Thunder took the Gold in Div 2. In DeKalb the Cincinnati Glory jumped a spot to take the Silver as well. Overall not a bad night for the Tennessee Nipple Organization! Congrats to all of the regional champs!!

Since the Michigan City show was half rained out, do you guys think they're going to post recaps for it? Regional finals are supposed to be posted today, and I can't wait to see b**bs

No recaps...so Finals somewhat generated. As you can see by the Midwest Regional, there was a tie!!!