i just watched star 93

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star 93= the music you hear on an acid trip

only if you take acid, then listen to it.

about dci and music education - i think it depends on the corps and the staff. as a member last year and a recent music ed. graduate, ron hardin and his staff at scv consistently give pointers for teachers and always make sure the corps knows why they're doing what they're doing - an important part of education, especially for teachers.

You know I'll be prejudiced ... just look at the avatar and signature ...

When our sons went to the Star Alumni Reunion, they brought back the Star Anthology DVD for us. I hadn't seen the shows since the guys all moved out and took the tapes with them.

None of them marched in '93, as our youngest aged-out in Madison in '92. (According to DCI rules now, he could have marched at the age of 22 (July 9) in '93). The only time we saw the show was on the PBS broadcast that year. But after watching several times over the past couple of weeks, I'm struck by the visuals ... the movement of the horn line, and the impeccable guard performance ... and, of course, by the sound of the brass and percussion.

I have many favorite Star of Indiana shows, of course, and they all feature our three guys ... but for sheer creativity, movement and drama, this one makes my jaw drop.

Peace ...

Go MOM!

:)