i just watched star 93

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am a huge one to be sure...such power and finesse.

Welcome to the club! :rolleyes:

how many star 93 fans we got here? im fairly new here, so if this is well worn territory, let me know. i just dont know that i've seen a performance on that level since. anyone agree/disagree?

kurt

scv '03

I was a fan the moment I saw it. I had been wanting someone to play Medea since I had first heard the piece a few years before Star played it. I thought they did an incredible job.

Tim Kviz

Totally agree...unequaled in creativity and skill....( shoulda won)

Put me down as somone who hated that show. I happened to be on tour that year working support and had the opportunity to see Star over a half a dozen times. I thought the music, although complex, was BORING! They did a lot of modern dance stuff which looked cool, but was it marching? I believe that was the first show written to entertain the judges and not the fans. Nowadays many corps try to out artsy-fartsy each other. What we end up with are shows that are for the most part boring as ####.

Paul

man, with all the crass, out of tune playing that was coming from some hornlines in the 90s, it was great to listen to the controled power that came from the 93 hornline.

I was and still am a fan of that show! :)