1975 MUCHACHOS

Regarding the "bull call" from the stands that night. It was not Jeff Kievit that played it....but Ralph Pinacchio..............just another tidbit.

I'll have to bust Ralph's chops when I next see him....I never knew that.

Mike

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't drag Bridgemen into this. totally different story.. thats way too long to go into.

Dude, I'm not "dragging" the Bridgemen into this. I mearly stated the tape I had contained recordings of two corps thought not to be available. Any other inference to Bmen is purely conincendental.

Rocketman - lighten up

ampssuck

I witnessed it in 1975 ... and I think it's very sad how much it overshadowed Madison's moment in the limelight.

I witnessed it in 1975 ... and I think it's very sad how much it overshadowed Madison's moment in the limelight.

JoJo:

I have to agree with you, and the only way to resolve this for good would be to produce the sheets (if they exist, which is also debated) and/or release the score. We knew what another disqualified corps scored in prelims so, it is not without precedent.

But then again, we would probably never talk about this again (RIGHT!)

Rocketman - Release the sheets!

ampssuck

JoJo:

I have to agree with you, and the only way to resolve this for good would be to produce the sheets (if they exist, which is also debated) and/or release the score. We knew what another disqualified corps scored in prelims so, it is not without precedent.

But then again, we would probably never talk about this again (RIGHT!)

Rocketman - Release the sheets!

ampssuck

But what would the sheets really mean? The way I look at it even if their score puts them in first place it's not a "win". I'm pretty sure the local high school could win their conference championship with a sufficient amount of NFL implants ... if you get my drift.

But what would the sheets really mean? The way I look at it even if their score puts them in first place it's not a "win". I'm pretty sure the local high school could win their conference championship with a sufficient amount of NFL implants ... if you get my drift.

JoJo:

About the only thing it would do is put to rest where the Muchachos placed in prelims. 1st or 12th, it changes nothing as you indicated. However, if 1st, then the debate would be on the suposition that they would have won finals as well.

Either way this is a Catch 22, we can't win!

Rocketman

ampssuck

It's best that we never know... why risk disproving the myth and ruining the legend? :worthy:

But what would the sheets really mean?  The way I look at it even if their score puts them in first place it's not a "win".  I'm pretty sure the local high school could win their conference championship with a sufficient amount of NFL implants ... if you get my drift.

JoJo:

About the only thing it would do is put to rest where the Muchachos placed in prelims. 1st or 12th, it changes nothing as you indicated. However, if 1st, then the debate would be on the suposition that they would have won finals as well.

Either way this is a Catch 22, we can't win!

Rocketman

ampssuck

but that's exactly my point ... does it matter where they placed since it's apples (jr corps) and oranges (NOT jr corps) ... having overage members makes them not a jr corps so how could they then "win" a jr corps competition?

ok, my brain is tired now :worthy:

but that's exactly my point ... does it matter where they placed since it's apples (jr corps) and oranges (NOT jr corps) ... having overage members makes them not a jr corps so how could they then "win" a jr corps competition?

ok, my brain is tired now :worthy:

Mo Jo JoJo (too much Power Puff Girls in this house)

I probably wouldn't go down the Junior Vs Senior road, as it too is a matter of debate. IF the MAJORITY of the members were over aged, then I give your argument more merrit. But, we've heard anywhere from 2 to 20, so the truth is out there (as Mulder would say).

Rocketman - truth seeker

ampssuck