LONG BEACH REVIEW

Ryan,

Even with all the corps being Fusion, you still Rock.

Thank you for the review on Impulse, I'm really happy to see that people are starting to enjoy this show.

Dream, love your book, it rocks. Might I suggest a quick thing that will boost your GE... Horn angels!!! All throughout the show you have horns at different angles all over the field. This is something I worked on all season, and I know our schedule didnt help this weekend. I want to see you guys perform well when you go out to DCA. Sam is hilarious up there and seems to know what to do when he gets into work mode. Great show, getting better. Keep up the hard work and go kick some butt out there. Scores seemed low, especially for the Sr. corps. Our last performance of the year was at Riverside in the parking lot after the show ended. It sounded great after such a long trip and tenious schedule. Go get em Dream!

One of our mellos came running up to the gate AFTER we'd circled up post-show!!
That mello came running up to the gate fully warmed up and ready for action, though.

In fact, I'm sure it was the first time in Dream's short history that our show's music was performed in two separate locations simultaneously: a Long Beach field and the 405 freeway. :blink:

Alas, upon arrival my hopes were dashed that there might be some sort of...any sort of...delay in our step-off time - undone by the horrible reality of having spent 2-1/2 hours driving about 40 miles. :blink:

Of course, "stop and go" freeway traffic is not all bad: it gave me time to get out of my car long enough to get my horn out of the trunk. b**bs

NEVER GIVE UP!

RYAN -

Thank you for your wonderful words about MYSTIKAL. This group was absolutely phenomenal to work with. The kids, most of whom never even had seen a drum corps prior to their first show, were eager to learn about the activity - both in its present form, and its history. After their final show of the season Saturday night (we purposely chose not to go to Denver our first year. Instead, we wanted to get the corps on the field in a limited number of shows and develop our group slowly and get financially stable before heading out to DCI Finals) you could see in the kids' eyes that they "got it." They understood drum corps.

I could go on for days about what these kids accomplished...but, instead let me simply say thank you again for noticing this group and acknowledging them in their first season. We already are looking forward to an even better 2005 and, once again, giving the drum corps community a group it can be proud of.

Great review Ryan! I'd like to hear about your 'serious' concern on our unis. Not mad, just curious. They were a cheap and quick fix for the corps this year. The one downside I noticed is that since the jackets are so long, they make us look short and stocky on the field. Not sure if you had some other issues.

As far as the spacing, well yea we were pretty far apart on the field. A lot of it was ficed earlier in the season. But, we kind of threw the show together late this year so didn't have a heck of a time to plan. Just wait till next year....

Great review Ryan!  I'd like to hear about your 'serious' concern on our unis.  Not mad, just curious.  They were a cheap and quick fix for the corps this year.  The one downside I noticed is that since the jackets are so long, they make us look short and stocky on the field.  Not sure if you had some other issues.

As far as the spacing, well yea we were pretty far apart on the field.  A lot of it was ficed earlier in the season.  But, we kind of threw the show together late this year so didn't have a heck of a time to plan.  Just wait till next year....

I didn't want to use the word CHEAP, but since you brought it up...actually, I think I must have skewed my words in my excitement of being let out of my cage to actually post something. I was trying to say that based on how well you played and how I think you guys will probably do SO much better next year in terms of numbers, that you will want to really take a look at what you're wearing out on the field. If I used the word cheap in my initial review, that would have come across wrong. I know ALL about cheap and saving money and lack of time to be able to get something more solid put together. Trust me...been there, done that. I'm just saying that for next year, do whatever to step it up one or two notches from what you have--or at least, that's what I would recommend as a reviewer for your uniform. Seems presumptive of me to assume that you actually NEED me to say that--I'm sure you fine folks are already way on top of that.

There...clear as mud. And you're right...I can't WAIT for next year (for more reasons than you can imagine...I'll leave it at that!!), and I wish RCR all the best...including a 400% increase in membership, so long as Dream can match that increase percentage point to percentage point. :P

Thanks Glen!