A Blast from the Past

Ah, I miss the stripe on Cavies pants.

I wonder why they got rid of them..............

So they could hide mistakes and they didn't look as good as the new look.

To hide all the marching mistakes that now exist.

Plus, the way the uniforms are so horribly designed, the stripes would have be up thier armpit to be effective. In the past you could have the stripe up to your waist/beltline because the top would be down to your waist.

Edited by sburstall

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as a Madison homer as I am, I can't remember if the new uni's have the green stripe on the pants. I want to say they don't. I miss the old uni's. :(

Edited by mnscoutfan

As much as a Madison homer as I am, I can't remember if the new uni's have the green stripe on the pants.  I want to say they don't.  I miss the old uni's. :(

No they do not have the stripes on the legs anymore. The cords on the shoulder are gone as well.

The only corps with stripes on the legs now are Cadets of Bergen Co. and Troopers.

What a shame the poor PR guard girl from 87......but now, at least from the back anyway, you can see what such an awesone uniform that was..one of the best ever !!!

~G~

Yes, I thought Phantom and Cadets had the most gorgeous guard uniforms! Just breathtaking!

Plus, the way the uniforms are so horribly designed, the stripes would have be up thier armpit to be effective. In the past you could have the stripe up to your waist/beltline because the top would be down to your waist.

Steve, you're forgetting that up until the second half of 1981, Cavies wore that vinyl vest that extended down to about mid-thigh, so you wouldn't even see the upper part of the stripe on the pants, anyway!!

(and once again, that was to camouflage Larry Pawlowski's poor leg lift :P )