A Blast from the Past

'87 was the year that 'made' me want to march drum corps. I have purchased the '87 Legacy DVD even before I have completed buying all the years that I marched ;)

Last question is Nikk... I thought NikkNakks.com was going offline?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'87 was the year that 'made' me want to march drum corps.  I have purchased the '87 Legacy DVD even before I have completed buying all the years that I marched ;)

Last question is Nikk... I thought NikkNakks.com was going offline?

It did....it was offline for about a year, I believe, and I was focusing only on the business-related aspects of the website, but I kept getting so many email to bring it back that finally I relented and just made a separate section with the Drumcorps features.

How are you, Aaron? How is the baby? I hop everything is well with you and Kristi. I'm back in good ol' Tallahassee, being a poor student once again and working on a PhD. I tried emailing you, but your address was no longer valid, so email me slacker.

I guarantee you that all three years of my drum corps performing experience were spent in Madison for finals (85-87), and not once was it ever "cold" at finals.  I know in 1986 (James Bond year) we got into Minnesota and they had a cold front go through, and it WAS literally cold for a few days, but other than that, I actually don't remember any part of tour ever being cold in those three years.  Now, in 1992, when I went back to Madison for vacation (and lookee, there's finals over at Camp Randall...why, I think I shall go to that), it was pretty dang cold.

I'm a part time weather geek, so I remember stupid things like that...

Yes, Madison 1992 was cold. Not terribly cold, but certainly unseasonable compared to what we were used to that summer....I think it hit low 60s, upper 50s that night.

I always thought that a cold front would have been great for Regiment in 1987....if they could have gotten a few sprinkles of snow here and there for that show, man....talk about GE!

I still think Regiment deserved 3rd in 1987.

I'm a part time weather geek, so I remember stupid things like that...

Or just a part time geek.

I just watched the 87 finals on tape last night. I think SCV should have won, then Garf, 'Reg 3rd, BD 4, Cavies 5th. VK had a heck of a show that year. Nice bikini! :)

Ah, I miss the stripe on Cavies pants.

I wonder why they got rid of them..............

^_^

Ah, I miss the stripe on Cavies pants.

I wonder why they got rid of them..............

^_^

So they could hide mistakes and they didn't look as good as the new look.