A Blast from the Past

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just...wow...to some of those.

I WAS THERE!!! What a year...

1987 was either the year it was really cold during the early part of the week, or the year we were inundated with bees in the stands, or the year when my ears became seriously clogged on the plane ride from Dallas and didn't become unclogged for 2 days. I can never remember which it was.

Absolutely great! Am I the only one who thinks that Garfield's uniforms were sooooooooooo much better back then?

1987 was either the year it was really cold during the early part of the week, or the year we were inundated with bees in the stands, or the year when my ears became seriously clogged on the plane ride from Dallas and didn't become unclogged for 2 days.  I can never remember which it was.

I guarantee you that all three years of my drum corps performing experience were spent in Madison for finals (85-87), and not once was it ever "cold" at finals. I know in 1986 (James Bond year) we got into Minnesota and they had a cold front go through, and it WAS literally cold for a few days, but other than that, I actually don't remember any part of tour ever being cold in those three years. Now, in 1992, when I went back to Madison for vacation (and lookee, there's finals over at Camp Randall...why, I think I shall go to that), it was pretty dang cold.

I'm a part time weather geek, so I remember stupid things like that...