Are Dynasty drums any good?

LuvsPAisTe

According to Blue Devils wins DCI judges are considering.

Go BlueDevils!

replyspiritTerrance

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing - Dynasty's are heavy........

One other thing - Dynasty's are heavy........

We just bought some used Dynasty Drums and they don't seem to be any heavier than any other drum out there. We had some Remo Tenors that were much heavier than the Dynasty Tenors. The DFX snare is 18 lbs with an 8 ply hard rock maple shell.

As far as the bass drums go, Dynasty bass drums don't feel any heavier than other brands.

We just bought some used Dynasty Drums and they don't seem to be any heavier than any other drum out there...

Tell that to my back after hauling 'em around the field all day!

I don't know if Dynasty tenors are any heavier than other brands, but they seem to sit a little further from the body than other drums I've marched, which makes 'em feel a little heavier. That extra space makes it a little more comfortable to keep sticks in proper playing zones, though.

The snares might be a little heavier, but it's just a snare drum! Deal with it, you wimps! :P

I haven't marched a Dynasty bass, or even put one on for that matter, so I'm not the most qualified person to comment on 'em.

Edited by SkyDog

The tenors do ride farther out, but the mount is rock solid, and I thought they were lighter than pearl tenors.

It's been a looooong time since I marched a set of Pearl tenors, but Dynastys definitely feel a bit heavier than the Yamahas I've used.

And you're right about the mounting system -- it's pure genius.

Now if only the @#$%& j-hooks would stop bending from the weight of the drums.

Edited by SkyDog

I've noticed on the DFX14 the adjustment screws on the snare strainer assembly are not only all the same, they are also basically a 6mm, 2" long tension rod with a knob attached to it. The significants of this is, if one of the adjustment screws get bent or breaks, it can easily be replaces with an extra tension rod.

I just though this was brilliant. Redundant parts means it will be easier to keep these drums in action. :rolleyes: B) It's also cool that the tenors and snare all use the same size tension rods. B)

One of my favorite features is you don't have to remove the snare side hoop to but the snares on. This makes a quick emergency chang out real quick. :)

So far I think a lot of thought has gone into the design of these drums. They are very user friendly and Tonka Toy simple.

I heard the Pioneer Drumline at the Wichita, KS show and thought they sounded really good on their Dynasty Drums. I sat at the top of the stands and could hear the Drum Battery very well. They didn't sound stuffy or choked at all. :rock:

I like Pearls the best, listen to SCV and Phantom's tunings. (and please ignore the Bluecoats Pearl tunings in 03-04) Those are some amazing sounds. Especially Phantom 2003, the best drumline sounds I have ever heard. Magnificent. Snare tuning was exquisette.

I heard a rumor that PR is ###### off at Pearl right now and has already started talks with Dynasty. All I can say is Pearl better kiss some major butt or we are gonna loose one of the best drum sounds in DCI for another dead dynasty line.

Dynasty do seem a lot heavier to me. To start with, those harness are like wearing a suit of armor. And is it just me or do they have about a million little pieces on the snares?