Are Dynasty drums any good?

LuvsPAisTe

All bass drums sound the same to me and all sound best with Exans MX5 heads.

Hmmmm.... not a bass drummer I presume. That's the kind of mentality that leads to bad tuning. After all they are just impact drums...right?

I loved the smell of the rosewood bars when they'd get rained on in hot weather. It was the most wonderful smell in the world.

Rosewood in the rain. NOOOOOOO!!!!!

I've heard bad everything and good (almost) everything. With enough hard work you can make a can of burnt hair sound absolutely amazing.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't feel Dynasty percussion projects well at all.

Dynasty drums seem to have become popular in a short period of time, but I'm not a fan. To me, they sound choked off and too dry (especially the tenors). Do people just buy them because Blue Devils use them? I'd really like to hear from the players who march with them. Are you happy with these drums? Are they as sturdy as Pearl, Yamaha and Premier?

Dynasty drums are 'as good as' anything out there ! The tenors sound good with pinstripe heads as

long as you don't try to crank them into the stratosphere. The snares we use are the 10"x14" shorty

snare with bottom snares only, and they sound just fine with a white max batter and an x-thin bottom.

I guess my only real complaint is that the bass shell is only 6 ply. An 8 ply shell is obviously stiffer and would provide a better resonating chamber so the heads can do their job.

as far as sound, it's ALL in the head choice and tuning....did anyone see heat waves mini corps playing the barbeque grills?... hardware and finish is what you are paying for. dynasty's tenors mouning is great, it doesn't penitrate the shell, and they can get a 6,8,10,12,13,and 14 all on the same rack in the same space as everyone else's quint's or sixpack with 2 6's....imo..

Please view the picture in my signature for my opinion on the Dynasty equipment... keyboads in particular.

Well, judging by that picture, it looks like you were missing some parts, which would easily explain why the keyboard fell off the frame....

Where were the lateral retainers that kept the keybed from shifting forward and back within the frame? They're not in the pic...

Rosewood in the rain. NOOOOOOO!!!!!

When you have two sets of bars for each keyboard....practicing on rosewood day in and day out in the hot sun does more damage to the rosewood than the rain does. Still....absolutely amazing smell.

• 2 weeks later...

i remember field testing dynasty...not a big fan of the limitations of the equipment, the weight and the overall sound (not as a line, individual..but with that said, i do not like the sound of the lines either)....however, their customer service is outstanding!

Im a yamaha man, myself.

Snares take alot to make them sound good. Basses never sound good outside. Tenors sound great.

The weight and carriers of these drums are just outragious for highschoolers...big down side IMO.

Give me a Pearl drum anyday....though I am starting to see some good in Yamaha.