Why do people HATE the Cadets?

(But I think this show is still better than the '98 and '99 ones...  :)  )

Mike

:whistle::whistle: You didn't like 98? BLASPHEMY! :P

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The irony in this statement, is that I and many others that I've talked with who aren't turned on by the Cadets this year find the baton twirler the most entertaining part of the show.  But yes, controversy in the dictionary has a picture of the Cadets next to it.

Mike, that's very interesting. People who AREN'T turned on by the Cadets find the baton twirler the most interesting part. That says a lot.

Man, I agree almost 100%. I think Hopkins's ideas on drum corps - for good or ill - have been attached to the Cadets. That polarizes a lot of people. To be fair, though, I've seen a *lot* of love for them online as well. (And yes, I would know.)

Totally! I love what the kids do, it's just the "guilty by association" thing that makes me feel any sort of problem with the Cadets. Or any other corps using amps this year, for that matter. If you've been to any show in the midwest this year, and heard a guy yelling "Boo amps! Yay (insert corps name)!", that was probably me.

You didn't like 98? BLASPHEMY!

Yeah, George (D that is, not H) tells me the same thing...

Sorry - just couldn't get into it. Not badly performed at all, but darned near the most unlistenable music book ever played by a DCI champion. (Actually, I don't even blame the arrangers - I blame the source material. Awful piece.)

Mike

I didn't care for 1998 either! I was suprised that they won DCI and Visual when they couldn't really march....sure the drill and forms were impressive, but the body carriage (bounce, bounce, bounce) was not and the hornline was scored WAY too high!

Edited by gellio

Like it or not Hopkins is the public face of the Cadets.

I didn't care for 1998 either!  I was suprised that they won DCI and Visual when they couldn't really march....sure the drill and forms were impressive, but the body carriage (bounce, bounce, bounce) was not and the hornline was scored WAY too high!

It was payback for 1988 when Madison won with that GODAWFUL hornline. :P

(joke)

Edited by CrossmenAlumni

It was payback for 1988 when Madison won with that GODAWFUL hornline.  :P

(joke)

OOOOOHHHH!!!! Gellio you gonna take that? He punked you

(instigator)

Guilty by association... Yes, that's probably the reason... Almost like people blaming George W. Bush for all the ills of the world...

I don't get the logic. If people disagree with the use of amplification, why did some of those same people cheer for Crown and BAC, while they booed for the Cadets?