Favorite Bassline

SpiritKid

One thing I have noticed is that there seems to be more swaying and bouncing going on. Can't tell if its from the drill, or style of marching. has anyone else noticed this?

I've noticed that there is less bouncing going on but thats just me. Look at videos of Star 93, and then check out Cavies from now, and see who bounces more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bunch of youngens on here

Cadets '89, how can I be the first to mention this

I love Crossmen 90-92. There's some runs that just pop in 92, and the off beats that start the feature in 90 just groove

The bottom bass from at least 92 also marched Westshoremen in '96. That dude freakin' rocked. He hit that drum so hard it hurt my ears from 30 feet, and I'm already deaf. So yeah, add Westshore '96 to that list.

Velvet Knights '94 The bass lick that started their encore song "Ole' ole' " is still my favorite lick ever. 36" bottom with a flam slam, oh so loud

Thanks to spiritkid for poppin' out some '95 Scouts action. I like '97's show better (bassline wise), but we probably had more talent in '95.

As far as I&E goes, SCV is not all that. We should have beat them in '96 Scouts, we played up like a real bassline, and rocked the house, and were funny. I'm not bitter.... Maybe another ten years and I'll get over it.

And ummm, yeah, 04 MBI was pretty kickin'. We might even be better in 05. Too bad you can't really hear what we're playing on the recording, because we had lotssa notes.

bunch of youngens on here

As far as I&E goes, SCV is not all that.  We should have beat them in '96 Scouts, we played up like a real bassline, and rocked the house, and were funny.  I'm not bitter....  Maybe another ten years and I'll get over it.

i'll hafta check that out. '96 SCV was one of the best basslines ever. not quite as good as '95, but definitely kickin'.