Where's Ludwig?

Here's an ice cold mug of Canadian Labatt's Blue for you Z!!! :ph34r:

The next time you're in Canada Z, give me a call and I'll buy you the real macoy!!!

Screw Labatt's - is Brador still available? (like Schlitz Malt Liquor, but without the stigma attached ...:whistle: )

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit your whining Uncle Z!!  Will someone please get Z a dang SUPERDAWG!! J/K 

Here's an ice cold mug of Canadian Labatt's Blue for you Z!!! :whistle:

The next time you're in Canada Z, give me a call and I'll buy you the real macoy!!!

Ha Ha Ha!!!!! If I'm driving to Canada, I'm holding out for a Brador!!!!!! :mmm:

Quit your whining Uncle Z!!  Will someone please get Z a dang SUPERDAWG!! J/K 

Here's an ice cold mug of Canadian Labatt's Blue for you Z!!! :whistle:

Labatt's gives me headaches... BEFORE I'm drunk! :(

Don't you guys have any "real" beer??

B)

Labatt's gives me headaches... BEFORE I'm drunk! :(

Don't you guys have any "real" beer??

B)

Ya ScribeToo, it did the same thing to me!!!

That's why I haven't really drank beer since I was 22, I enjoy drinking Canadian Club Whiskey instead.

As for "real" beer you'll have to just keep trying them all until you find one you

like, there are many small breweries up here that do make a rather nice beer!!

Ya ScribeToo, it did the same thing to me!!!

That's why I haven't really drank beer since I was 22, I enjoy drinking Canadian Club Whiskey instead.

As for "real" beer you'll have to just keep trying them all until you find one you

like, there are many small breweries up here that do make a rather nice beer!!

yah.. click on that smiley on the bottom of my post!! :-D

Back On Topic here:

Back in my day, the choice for drums was, as That70'sLancer stated, either

Ludwig or Slingerland!!!

Back then they were great, maybe not!!!

I don't know I was in the horn line playing contra!!!

AHEM...now that you guys (and stef... :P ) have turned this poor guys thread into a "my favorite hot dogs (I mean "Dawgs" ) and beer" thread... :P

I can now proceed to blow you away with the fact that I actually WORKED at Slingerland Drum Co. ...(yes, at the building that is now a janitorial supply company) . It was a pretty cool job for a 19 year old drummer back then. (are you blown away yet? yeah, me either...)

ANYWAY... i can relate to the original point of this thread... I don't really care for the tuning/sound of todays snare drums... Ludwig and Slingerland were the top of the line back in the 60's and 70's. In '78 there were like 7 or 8 lines using Slingerland.

No apologies needed. Ive been following my wife (Lancerlady's) adventures on the planet, and I know that the tendency to go off topic is as much a part of the process as owning a computer.

I am glad to see that I am not alone in missing the old sound. Ludwig and Slingerland are also the kind of drums at their time, that also gave us the best rock and roll known to man. A sound that hit your chest rather than that of tingling your teeth.

The wife and I do partake in a Labbatts Blue when the mood is of a Northerly nature.

:whistle: