Where's Ludwig?

I am glad to see that I am not alone in missing the old sound. Ludwig and Slingerland are also the kind of drums at their time, that also gave us the best rock and roll known to man.

I have my Slingerland drum set (from 1975) in my basement, used most often by my daughter. It's still looks and sounds great!.

Mike

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in HS at the time when we were transitioning from Slingerland multi-tenors to Yamaha. I know y'all like the Slingerland snare sound, but those tenors were awful - just awful. Too big and too boomy - kind of a mushy sound. Not to mention that half of the weight of the set was made up of all of the friggin' hardware - thank goodness for Yamaha / Pearl coming up with the single bar concept and getting rid of those individual swivel arms.

Mike

Edited by MikeN

No apologies needed. Ive been following my wife (Lancerlady's) adventures on the planet, and I know that the tendency to go off topic is as much a part of the process as owning a computer.

I am glad to see that I am not alone in missing the old sound. Ludwig and Slingerland are also the kind of drums at their time, that also gave us the best rock and roll known to man. A sound that hit your chest rather than that of tingling your teeth.

The wife and I do partake in a Labbatts Blue when the mood is of a Northerly nature.

:whistle:

THe next time you and your lovely wife are in the Northerly territory give me an email and we'll get together for a few real Labatt's sodas. I'll stick to my usual

Canadian Club shooters.

The stuff they send to the States isn't as strong as it is up here, you'll be surprized!!!