"1976 Scouts show 1"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...I havent heard of one. Obviously there are the finals recordings.

I'm thinking that would be pretty rare to have a recording of the first show of the season in 76.

Ken Kobold had a recording of it that he used to offer for sale (if you asked for it). I'm guessing it would be in the DCI vaults along with all of his other recordings. Maybe they'll issue a "rarities' cd someday.

FWIW, I had it at one point (on 8-track - doh!). The Shaft opener was cool, but it was all downhill from there...

I have a copy....very weird hearing Mac Park being marched to. I didnt really sound like the Scouts till the end...LOL

Hmmm...I havent heard of one. Obviously there are the finals recordings.

I'm thinking that would be pretty rare to have a recording of the first show of the season in 76.

Sly before videos, show tapes were traded like baseball cards. I have that recording (thanks to Dave Scott) It is truly awful!!

Sly before videos, show tapes were traded like baseball cards.  I have that recording (thanks to Dave Scott) It is truly awful!!

Indeed it was awful. I didn't think a show like that was possible.

Interesting. Now that you bring that up, I do remember contacting someone from the Soundmachine about 4 years ago who got me a cassette tape recording of a show that was held in Flint Michigan in 1974. I got it b/c my dentist never had a recording of him marching a show. (My dentist marched with the Ishpeming Blue Notes in 74)

Its too bad you cant record at drum corps shows, I sure would have enjoyed to hear us at different points in the season. I can just see myself getting ushered/kicked out of a show with a minidisk recorder and a stealth microphone hidden on my shirt

Come to think of it... I DO have a mono recording of Madison's home show in 98 on one of those small little voice recorder tapes.

Dan(s) do you guys think if you had the the final product at the begining of the season, you would have repeated in '76?

Edited by mrshowfan

Sly before videos, show tapes were traded like baseball cards.

And all true drum corps fans brought their Panasonic tape recorder to shows, practices, et cetera!!!!!!! :P

I managed to get both '76 Madison and '76 Kilts on tape at the Big "V"!!!!!!

OUCH!!! My ears!!!! :rolleyes: