some old corps photos

YOU SO RAWK!

Oh, and BTW, it's Kathy who RAWKs, 'cause she loaned me all these photos of the Caps. I'm going to canvass everyone I know who ever marched to loan me their pictures. I NEVER want this to end.

Not unless you were playing in the Alto line Matt! I think that's Scott you are talking about there. To his left is Lisa Glaeser and Dean Bull (I think :worthy: ).

Yeah...you're right Sam. I guess I wanted to see myself too much! :P I was carrying something a little bigger, huh? lol

See if I've learned to crop it.

(Sorry for the slow learning curve gang!) :blink:

035531af.jpg

No need to apologize in any way, shape or form when you are sharing such AWESOME photo's with all

of us "Mr. Milano" (out of respect... :blink::blink: )

Oh my gosh these are fantastic shots.

Is PJS53, Pete Stoltman, in any of those pictures? Pete was my drum teacher back about a hundred years

ago at a music store. He was in the Cavaliers at that time, and that would have been about '73 or '74.

THANK YOU for this generousity and posting these GREAT pictures! I say it ALL the time:

Better OUT of the crumbling photo albums never being looked at, and up here where all of us appreciate

and are thrilled to see them!

Even if YOU think the picture is stupid or is bad, someone else will LOVE it!!

:blink::blink::blink::blink::worthy:

No need to apologize in any way, shape or form when you are sharing such AWESOME photo's with all

of us "Mr. Milano" (out of respect... :blink::blink: )

Oh my gosh these are fantastic shots.

Is PJS53, Pete Stoltman, in any of those pictures? Pete was my drum teacher back about a hundred years

ago at a music store. He was in the Cavaliers at that time, and that would have been about '73 or '74.

THANK YOU for this generousity and posting these GREAT pictures! I say it ALL the time:

Better OUT of the crumbling photo albums never being looked at, and up here where all of us appreciate

and are thrilled to see them!

Even if YOU think the picture is stupid or is bad, someone else will LOVE it!!

:blink::blink::blink::blink::worthy:

Thanks for the kind words.

Nope, good ol' Pete is not in that picture. He joined in '74.

This picture was taken in the winter months. The snares are (from left to right) Don Kolenda, Pat Jones, Paul Milano, Paul "Skip" Swoverland, Gary Moore, Paul Leo (yep, THREE Pauls in the same snare line!), and Jim "Zippy" Zebrowski. Not pictured (next to Don Kolenda) is Don McWhorter.

We had a pretty below average tenor line that year, so two of these guys were moved to the tenor line after about six or seven shows that year. The snare line was tight with eight of us. It was a shame we had to cut down to six.

By the way, one of the snares who was cut to tenor was chosen because he was the only rookie in the snare line. The other because he had just been drafted and was going to have to leave during the middle of the season for Viet Nam. In order to complete the summer, however, he ENLISTED in the Marines instead, so he could delay his report time until the fall. He had to go through Marine Corps boot camp in Paris Island (VERY tough duty) and then was in line to be a Marine in Nam - just so he could finish the summer.

He's still a hero of mine to this day.

P.S. Four of us marched together again in the 2004 Royal Airs Alumni Corps. All eight of us will eventually be marching again in the new Cavaliers Classics performing ensemble. First rehearsal this Saturday.

More from Milano . . .

scan0001.jpg

1961 Cavaliers - Mitch Markovich is the second snare from right.

Don't you mean the "undefeated" 1961 Cavaliers???? :blink:

We must give credit to the lovely Kathy (Ramthun) Davis for loaning me some of her precious memories.

KathyThen.jpg

Separated at birth from Marcia Brady!!!!!

thumbnailA.jpg

A Very Merry Belated Christmas--to those of you who DIDN'T send me a card this year!!!!!! :(

christmascard2.jpg

Oh, my................ b**bs

Vintage Scott Stewart

ScottStewart.jpg

one button fixed

ScottStewart.jpg