some old corps photos

When i marched in the UK, I wore a Pastie cymbal on my dickie (since Dagenham wore BD style unis)

You wore a WHAT on your WHAT? You stripping on the side?

And, of course, this is Linda, herself: :spitting:

1974 Seneca Princemen

SenecaPrincemen-1974.jpg

Is that not one kick-### take no prisoners photo? I love it. Drum corps at it's best. You were the bomb Linda.

Is that not one kick-### take no prisoners photo? I love it. Drum corps at it's best. You were the bomb Linda.

Thanks. All an illusion because I'm a short person. I was problably tired of waving my arms and turned around for a few bars of music. If I recall, the photographer would have had less than a minute to snap this one. Also, no podium that year. I was all over the field. Too cool. :spitting:

Edit: I slightly remember a podium the next year. I was so nervous, I turned around to salute and realized the horns were still playing the last note for a very long time. I forgot to cut them off. I turned around to see all these breathless, red faces, waved my arms and saluted again. Sorry guys.

Edited by lindap

s'awright....you guys had that buckle smash thing on parade rest that sent shivers through the entire retreat block!

Yeah, I always liked that part. Didn't even scratch the DEG euphonium I marched with in '82, but the sops got pretty beat up after a few years. One of my favorite parts of the '82 recordings is at the beginning of our drum solo 'Tocatta' our DM gives us the "resume, hut!", there are four counts of silent mark time, and the "crash" of our bugles hitting the buckles. Our uniforms had these metal buttons on them, and our citation cords had metal ends that actually caused more damage than the buckles!

Thanks. All an illusion because I'm a short person. I was problably tired of waving my arms and turned around for a few bars of music. If I recall, the photographer would have had less than a minute to snap this one. Also, no podium that year. I was all over the field. Too cool. :laughing:

Edit: I slightly remember a podium the next year. I was so nervous, I turned around to salute and realized the horns were still playing the last note for a very long time. I forgot to cut them off. I turned around to see all these breathless, red faces, waved my arms and saluted again. Sorry guys.

LOL, great story that perfectly illustrates how we relied on the drum major . . . no matter what (well, most of the time)! :spitting:

I played around we these and rotated the one. Kinda neat!

Love the Art West solo shot.

Yeah, I always liked that part. Didn't even scratch the DEG euphonium I marched with in '82, but the sops got pretty beat up after a few years. One of my favorite parts of the '82 recordings is at the beginning of our drum solo 'Tocatta' our DM gives us the "resume, hut!", there are four counts of silent mark time, and the "crash" of our bugles hitting the buckles. Our uniforms had these metal buttons on them, and our citation cords had metal ends that actually caused more damage than the buckles!

First time I heard the smash at retreat I jerked in surprise....none of the vets had warned me!

To this DAY if I hear that, I cringe!

How many rolls of electrical tape did you guys go through repairing those horns, btw?? :tongue: