some old corps photos

Someone was recording that night. I want copies! :smile:

This is obviously pre-new uni...not many photos of the pre-new uni BD 76. I remember seeing them several times before they got the new uniforms in 76 and they were still beating everybody. I remember being totally in AWE once they came out with those new uniforms that had that tuxedo look to them. Definately a first for drum corps!.....also I notice there are only 9 snares in this pic which has to mean one was either out sick or something of that nature....I would say givin the fact of the 9 snares and the t-shirts this would have to be one of the rarest photos out there of BD. I don't know the exact circumstances on how they came to have 10 snares but I am sure they had 10 at this point in the season....anyone know?...anyone know if someone was out sick that night?

Edited by KingsmenSnare76

This is obviously pre-new uni...not many photos of the pre-new uni BD 76. I remember seeing them several times before they got the new uniforms in 76 and they were still beating everybody.....

Not on June 25th 1976 :thumbup:

RECAP - Denver, CO

Drums Along The Rockies

1 27th Lancers 76.15

2 Blue Devils 75.45

3 Madison Scouts 73.55

4 Vanguard 72.50

5 Troopers 70.60

6 Saint Ignatius

7 Blue Knights 35.85

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/19760625datr.htm

Well you can't argue with video!...not sure if thats the video I once saw and if it is then either I was blind or couldn't count! LOL

Off subject but was their opener actually the color pre? Its hard to see but that looked like the American flag unit down front at the end of the opener. Pretty rare I think.

Someone was recording that night. I want copies! :thumbup:

Might've been the local TV station for the nightly news telecast. If that's the case, then sadly, those tapes are likely long gone (as I have discovered after trying for years to snag a copy of the '78 Canadian Nationals telecast tape). :blink:

Not on June 25th 1976 :thumbup:

RECAP - Denver, CO

Drums Along The Rockies

1 27th Lancers 76.15

2 Blue Devils 75.45

3 Madison Scouts 73.55

4 Vanguard 72.50

5 Troopers 70.60

6 Saint Ignatius

7 Blue Knights 35.85

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/19760625datr.htm

Interesting that Madison still beat SCV even with the 'disco show' that they scrapped mid-season.

Interesting that Madison still beat SCV even with the 'disco show' that they scrapped mid-season.

I kinda liked the "disco show". Their version of "Mahogany" was nicely done.

1983 dci program scan, Spirit

1983-spirit1.jpg

i'm having issues with my bucket...oh well...wishing you all the best and happy holidays :)

I loved Spirit in 1982. This photo is of the baritone duet in We Are The Reason their closer. Great show, great corps and nice to see those great uniforms again. I had a good laugh when I saw the lip stick on the blonde soloist's cheek. I had the same thing happen to me once in uniform and I was told by my director not to remove it before the show.

Edited by Legolaus