some old corps photos

Thank you. How anyone would know that is amazing to me. But every show would have a similar group as the runner. We had a group called the Marilynettes.

Thanks for that. I remember the short DM, that's what pricked my memory. In 1975 our corps shared sleeping quarters in Philly with CMCC. Being from Ohio, it was a bit of a shock. There were whole families, little children and some of the members seemed pretty old. I don't think they were nearly as good in 75 as they were in 71 but I may be wrong about that.

We had lots of drill teams in MA during that time. The champion drill team from the Eastern Mass circuit did the "running" at the World Open and the Drill team champion from the CYO circuit did the running at the CYO Nationals.

If I remember correctly the Warriors DMs name was James Latan Jr. His dad was the corps director I think.

My pleasure. I just didn't want to overdoit. I'll just go down the list and do a couple every day because I am swamped at work.

OVER DO IT? These are fantastic. Your our hero right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER DO IT? These are fantastic. Your our hero right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No hero just an old fart with a scanner and some picutres I took as a drum corps geek when I was 18.

BTW, I was curious about the Holy Name Defenders and found the site. What a great site!

No hero just an old fart with a scanner and some picutres I took as a drum corps geek when I was 18.

BTW, I was curious about the Holy Name Defenders and found the site. What a great site!

Thank you, it's a labor of love for sure.

son of a gun...the tri-tom player is me! :thumbup:

Doesn't that make the whole thread worth it, when you find yourself in a shot and it'snot a long distance one?

Were those cross straps the only thing holding the tris on?? Must've been a bear keeping them from rolling around.

I have several photos of each these corps if you want to see them.

SCV

Sacred Heart Crusaders

Madison Scouts

Commodors (I think)

De LaSalle (I'm almost sure)

Cavaliers

Bridgemen

Several I don't knows

Nehi Ambassodors (guessing)

Troopers

Argonne Rebels

Boston Crusaders (I have some really nice shots here)

When you put up the "I don't knows" we'll all take a stab at the "guessing" game.

Edited by Paq