some old corps photos

Argonne Rebels - World Open Parade - July 16, 1971

IMG_0008-4.jpg

Just a word about this photo. Our corps traveled to the World Open on a 1940's circa Greyhound which broke down. We spent 1 1/2 day in a rest stop on the PA turnpike. When I woke up the next morning I saw this truck parked in the lot.

IMG_0009-2.jpg

Boston Crusaders - World Open - July 17, 1971

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

These are Brassmen

Wonderful photos and thanks to all. 1971 was within my era. I bought some dvds, viewed various decades and enjoy drum corps past and present.

These photos, combined with stories and videos using modern technology provides a multi-media historical account of the times;

I bought the dvd as per link below. The photos will enhance the experience of watching the video again. Thanks again.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=2411328

Troopers - World Open Parade - July 16, 1971

IMG_0018.jpg

So. Ridiculosly. Bad. Azz.

Both Troopers and Garfield obviously used single leg rest tenor drums to make "double toms" set ups. I remember my first few years that was the cool thing, but had been streamlined by Ludwig and the "Tri-Tom" set up. Now referred to as "triples" or actually now days it's quints and quads and even more! LOL

But you can still see the lugs on the tenor drums which are clearly intended for a bottom head. It's a little tough to tell if they were once snares or tenor drums, but I would say probably leg rest single tenors. Pretty funny by todays standards, but cool as heck back then!

Great pictures! Is that the 100th time I've said that? :thumbup: OK, make it 101... GREAT PICTURES!!