some old corps photos

Sorry about that- had I known, I would have panned right!

:thumbup:

Thanks for posting the 1979 prelims. We were also there but on the other side of the 50 from you. Your signature says you marched in 1979 and took prelim photos; long day, multi-tasking? :-)

Thanks for posting the 1979 prelims. We were also there but on the other side of the 50 from you. Your signature says you marched in 1979 and took prelim photos; long day, multi-tasking? :-)

Thanks for the Wausau Story photo!

Yeah - back then, DCI prelims was about the only time you could watch a show from the front stands!!

I was sitting with my Wausau Story friends & parents...most of whom went to Blue Stars, I would have, but they did not have any snareline openings.

jim

76 Oakland Crusaders?? :thumbup::tongue::worthy:

Edited by ajedrummer

Blue Devils

1979BlueDevils1.jpg

Fabulous photos! I especially love this zoom in on BD's rifle line . . . oh, and the snares and a few other assorted corps members, LOL! Thanks for posting these! :thumbup:

P.S. You probably don't have any of Oakland '79, eh?

Edited by byline

My last Jr. Corps show marched...

I think this is the Rivermen 1982

Rivermen82.jpg

A few senior corps from 1982

Skyliners

sky82.jpg

Matadors

matadors82.jpg

Hurcs

hurcs.jpg

Not Sure who this is?

notsure.jpg

The unidentified corps is "Ohio Brass Factory", from Alliance Ohio. Nice custom made uniforms,

slingerland battery, and Olds horns ( 2 valve). I was playing 2nd Baritone in 82 at prelims.

We NEVER made the night show! A corps from Pittsburgh "cleaned our clock"!

Blue Stars

1979BlueStarsSnareline.jpg

Is that photographer down front Dick Deihl? I think I recognize that head.

Nope, it's Art Leubke. Dick was there as well, along with myself, and Orlin Wagner for DCW. I'm sure there were more.

Thanks for the Wausau Story photo!

Yeah - back then, DCI prelims was about the only time you could watch a show from the front stands!!

I was sitting with my Wausau Story friends & parents...most of whom went to Blue Stars, I would have, but they did not have any snareline openings.

jim

76 Oakland Crusaders?? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

You’re welcome. Seneca Princemen had 2 snare drummers named Dave. One Dave played snare in Seneca Optimists 1976, stayed till age-out, became an instructor and director of a corps in Kitchener-Waterloo. The other Dave played snare in Oakland Crusaders 1975-1977 and aged out with Spirit. I was on flag line 1968-1971, Dave’s sister Joanie marched rifle the same time as I. After 4 years as DM, it felt good to march in a flag line 1976 even though I was a spare ‘cause I toured with Dutch Boy Cadets June and some of July. Kudos to both of the 1976 drum corps finalists from the Toronto area.

1975 U.S. Open program (with a typo;-) some had to wake and get on the field early;

1975-us-open-prog1-a.jpg