some old corps photos

What an INCREDIBLE thread, and what a great trip through the history of "This Thing Of Ours"!! Boy, do I wish there was a way to see all of the pictures that were deleted from the earlier pages. Once I figure out how to post my own pics, I'll start contributing from my own scrapbooks.

This thread has been alive for nearly 10 years - keep it going!!!

Hi Chris!

I agree, this is a GREAT thread sharing photos of the Drum Corps activity!

Hoping this is helpful, as to how to post photos here on DCP....

How to put pictures in a post thread (on DCP)
one answer
another
another
another
and even the one I asked... (all the way back on Dec 17 2005)
Hope one or more of these are helpful...

Ok....in the battle of trying to post pictures, I appear to be losing. I've read all of the "how to" posts, got myself a Photobucket account, uploaded my first pictures, copied the IMG link (being sure to put before & after the url, and in previewing the post, all I get is the "you're obviously a moron" question mark icon.

Posting pictures can't possibly be as hard as my brain is trying to make it. Can somebody try to help this dope that stands before you before he starts redecorating walls with his skull?

Doublc, I just tried the first suggestion and it worked. I deleted the pic because it was gigantic, but maybe click on your pic and isolate the URL. Copy that URL and use the first suggestion with the brackets.

Don't feel like a moron, your resume suggests otherwise.

Good luck friend.

Edited by gsksun4

I may have finally found the problem! Being a Mac guy, I use Safari for my browser, but have always kept a copy of Google Chrome on my hard drive (you just never know when some IT guy might want to audit your hard drive!!) Copied the picture link, and the picture magically appeared!! I think I might finally be in business here!!!

As this is my first picture post, I wanted to find something appropriate to signify the occasion, so I went with this:

Retreat1985_zpsefedc88e.jpg

Me, saying, "Post #1 !!!!!"

Hundreds more to come, dating back to the early '60s

Edited by doublc
  • Like 1

Now that I've got my new toy to play with, let's roll!! This first set of pictures comes from the 1964 Dream. As it was physically impossible for me to attend (I was -2 years old at the time), I don't know the identity of most of the corps in these pictures. If anyone can help me out, I'll be able to label them in my own files.

Dreamb_zps72c36ddc.jpg

Dreamc_zpsa66968ed.jpg

Dreamz3_zps3e8140ea.jpg

• Like 1

Still More '64...

If I were going to guess on this one, I'd say Reilly Raiders, but did they ever wear white blouses?

Dreamy_zps9f1402f5.jpg

Dreamx_zps3ff1b268.jpg

Dreamu_zps66b57dfc.jpg

• Like 1