some old corps photos

Heh! When drums had leg rests and rookie drummers got bruises on the inside of the right knee....

Man that jogs my memory. I decided early on to switch from sop to drums. I played the tenor drum for one parade and got the most painfull bruise. After that I switched to cymbals. I marched one parade and tore my arms and hands up spinning them with the strap. Hey, I was only 10 years old. Heck, I was much better on the sop anyway.

Man that jogs my memory. I decided early on to switch from sop to drums. I played the tenor drum for one parade and got the most painfull bruise. After that I switched to cymbals. I marched one parade and tore my arms and hands up spinning them with the strap. Hey, I was only 10 years old. Heck, I was much better on the sop anyway.

Real men toughed it out! :ph34r::thumbup:

Bari players could play the rotary both ways.

Durin a show most played the rotary with the left index finger put through the tubing and the left thumb under the bottom bow of the horn.

After a long day of practice or during parades it was not uncommon to turn the left hand palm up under the bow and play the rotary with the thumb.

That is the way I played my horn back in the day. I still have it and bring it out every now and then.

A cool pic from 79

Me, Ron Huckstep, Cathy Massicotte and Daryl Langworthy. Mark Hayward has his stick in the shot on the left and Ernie Kenny just couldn't fit into the frame.

Regards,

John

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2003/220078...ff5bd8949_o.jpg

Wow, that worked out well.

Cool! For the longest time, I was getting you and Ron Huckstep confused in my mind. Dunno why.

Do you want to display your photo in the message window, or just link to it the way you did? If you want to display your photo, then just choose the "Insert Image" option rather than the "Insert Link" option.

Edited by byline

Daryl went to Seneca then SCV if I'm not mistaken. He played bass drum for two or three years with them.

A cool pic from 79

Me, Ron Huckstep, Cathy Massicotte and Daryl Langworthy. Mark Hayward has his stick in the shot on the left and Ernie Kenny just couldn't fit into the frame.

Regards,

John

A cool pic from 79

Regards,

John

Hi,

Would that be Cathy Massicotte originally from St. John's? If so, we marched together from 73 or 74 to 77.

Kelly

Tried to post Sam's pic. Didn't work.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor