some old corps photos

Which ones have the worst back problems today?

I wonder, why did tympani players decide to march with their equipment up to their chins

Tymps72.jpg

instead of the seemingly more comfortable waist height?

Puppet

I wonder, why did tympani players decide to march with their equipment up to their chins

instead of the seemingly more comfortable waist height?

Puppet

I think, and as I never played timp...it's just an "I think", that carrying them higher actually made it less onerous on the lower back than waist height. the weight was centered in the upper body, and the player could use more core muscles to provide support. Just an "I think", though.

I think, and as I never played timp...it's just an "I think", that carrying them higher actually made it less onerous on the lower back than waist height. the weight was centered in the upper body, and the player could use more core muscles to provide support. Just an "I think", though.

Either they are lying, not complaining or something because all our guys still walk good and don't look like they're hurting. But they were always tinkering with different support systems. In that shot I was told it was two snare straps criss-crossed.

Just a question because our guys changed tones with a crank on the right.

Puppet

Either they are lying, not complaining or something because all our guys still walk good and don't look like they're hurting. But they were always tinkering with different support systems. In that shot I was told it was two snare straps criss-crossed.

Puppet

The double snare sling thing is how they were used in Garfield in my era, 70-72. We also used then for the tri-toms, with a third one across the back so they ddi not bounce around.

Puppet

While I didn't carry timps in corps I did in a very good high school propgram. We carried them chest height which seemed to work. I remember marching a 5 mile parade in Canada and having no issues then basic tiredness. Oh and my ears were bleeding from having a mummers band in front of us, I HATE the mummers

Edited by Blackstar

Thanks for correcting me on that.

Must be right at the beginning because they moved to the back right corner to set up the push for William Tell.

That Bridgemen pic was actually from Hymn To the Last Whale.

Thanks for correcting me on that.

Must be right at the beginning because they moved to the back right corner to set up the push for William Tell.

I think it was the move right before William Tell.